Chapter Five

When I crawl into bed, I pull out my phone to check for missed calls or messages. There's one from Genesis and one from Ian. I pick Ian's first.

*Genesis has been bad mouthing you ever since you left.* He says. I knew it would happen, so it doesn't surprise me.

I open hers with fear.

*You're a prick but I'm glad I got to see you again. I missed you a lot prick.*

I run my fingers through my hair, a nervous habit. I just shake my head at that and curse.

That's when I remember the napkin. I reluctantly pull it out of my jeans and open it. I open up a tab for a new message and type in her number, hoping its real.

*Hey.*

I wait a bit, fumbling with my thumbs.

*Hey Niall* She remembers me. A weight has been lifted off my chest. For one, she's okay. And two, she remembers me.

*How'd you know it was me?*

*I don't just give my number to anyone*

For some reason I feel special, and my cheeks flush. I'm glad she isn't here to see it.

*Good. I don't need any competition* I want to slap myself in the face for sending that.

*Hah well you don't. It's only you.*

*Wheres Will?*

*Why do you need to know?*

I regret asking that. Before I can change the subject she texts back.

*He's asleep.*

*You should stay far away from him*

*I'm a big girl Niall. Don't tell me what to do*

*Sorry*

*No I am. I know you're right. I know I'm crazy for asking this, but can we meet up tomorrow?*

My heart beats faster.

*Uh sure. Where?*

*Where do you live?*

She wants to come here? Already? I'm starting to think this is going too fast and I want to back away from it all.

I go ahead and tell her the address for some reason. She tells me good night and I shut off my phone.

Why does she want to come to my house? Maybe she wants to get away from Will. And I'd be happy to take her away from him.