Chapter Two: The Long Way Home

My names Annie. And this is our story.

I kissed Luke goodbye, let go of his hand and walk out the front door. Then i was alone.

The night was cold and bitter. I started to wish i hadn't left. I no longer felt so alone. But the presents I felt wasn't one of which I was welcome too. Glancing over my shoulder I saw nothing. Only the light from the street lights flicking on and off. After a while of walking the air grew colder, and mist started to sweep in and around my feet. 

As I looked around I could see no more then three feet behind me. My house loomed in the distance. It stood alone. Like out of a scene in a horror film, the fog moved in around the base of the house. I was surprised to see no lights on as I moved closer.

As I walked up the the front of the house I noted that the door was slightly ajar. Not bother to think anymore I walked straight in. Closing the door. The echo of the slam slightly startled me. But after thought and consideration I moved on through the house.

Moving to my room, forgetting about everything else, I curled up on my bed and let te gloom of my Tv light up the room. The sound difted in and out of my mind. Sleep took over and my body feel numb.

A scream pieced my ear. I sprang from my bed. Stumbling through the house I found nothing. Not a door open. No window ajar. Nothing. Until I hit the basement.

I flicked the lights on and my eyes were drawn the the floor. I stood stunned. Not daring to move. Breath court in my chest. Eyes stuck on the floor.

Something cold hit the back of my neck. Then once again. My body felt numb. 

*Authors Note.

I'm really enjoying writing this. I'm not sure if it's any good or not as i've no idea what i'm doing!

Hope you're enjoying it :) x