Chapter 7 - Pool Punches

When we got back to the resort, Taylor and Tag were sitting there in Taylor's office with a stereo, a bunch of Cd's and a big box.

"Hey, what's that?" Hunter asked, placing our bags on the desk.

"Karaoke machine."

"Nice, is it ours to keep?" I asked

"Yup!" Taylor replied. "I really think this will help."

"Me too!"

--

Our party was starting in ten minutes, even though it was a pool party we decided to dress up for the occasion so it wasn't really a pool party, it was more of a party by the pool but it counts. I was wearing a tight black dress with red belt and heels. As I walked out I saw Hunter looking very handsome...NO! Layla what are you saying? You hate this guys guts! But he did, as much as I hate to admit it he looked so handsome. He was wearing black jeans and a white button down shirt. He was scanning my body, eyes focusing on my legs, then eyes and then lips, for a slight second.

"Hey ugly!" He smirked at me.

"What have I told you about that name?"

"Sorry, but it just suits you so well."

"Ha ha!"

He was standing with Tag who was wearing denim jeans and a black t-shirt that also made him look quite handsome. He was staring at the staircase behind me and looked as if he was admiring something.

"Wow!"

I turned around to see what he was looking at and there stood Taylor. She was wearing a flowy purple dress that compliments her figure nicely, her hair was curled and she really did look amazing. Taylor walked over to us, I took this chance to glance over at Hunter who wasn't looking at Taylor like I expected but...me. I turned away feeling my cheeks go red and a slight smile on my face. Why was I so happy that he was looking about me? My thoughts were interrupted by Taylor's voice:

"What were you guys talking about?"

"Just how beautiful you look tonight." I said, hoping that would lead Tag on to talk to Taylor and they would get together but all he did was nod. Damn it Tag!

--

The party had been going on for nearly two and a half hours when I spotted Daniel.

"Hey stranger!"

"Oh, hi Layla."

"Well you could at least pretend that you want to talk to me."

"Sorry Layla, I'm just... hey do you want to dance?" He was about to open up to me a knew it, it was probably because of all the alcohol he had in him but decided against it. We went over to dance and we chatted for a bit too until I excused myself to get a drink.

"You two looked like you were having so much fun!"

"Shut up, Hunter! Just because you're jealous of how I'm paying more attention to Daniel then I am you."

"Yea, maybe I am!" Wait what? "Come with me!"

He grabbed my wrist and took me over to the karaoke machine. "Do you want to sing with me?"

"Sure! You choose the song." He scrolled through the music list until he found one song and smiled.

"This song is perfect." The song started to play and the beginning of Baby by Justin Bieber came on. I giggled and he handed me the microphone and began to sing. We sounded terrible! Half way through the song I noticed we had gained quite an audience, including Daniel, I had only just realised that I had abandoned him on the dance floor and felt really bad. But, as the song ended Hunter grabbed my wrist again and took me to the pool. He turned me around so our bodies were close, very close actually, and suddenly I felt cold ripples of water hit my skin. Hunter had pushed me in the pool!

"What the hell, Hunter?!"

"What? It is a pool party!" He was laughing but that all changed when an angry looking Daniel came charging towards Hunter.

"You dickhead, you stole her away from me?!" Wait, was he talking about me? My thoughts were cut off when Daniel punched Hunter. I was in so much shock and I'm not sure why but I actually ran out of the pool to Hunters aid. He ignored me and punched Daniel, so hard in fact that Daniel had been knocked out!