Chapter 17: You do not want me to go that far, darling

***author's note***

Hey guys! I decided to upload early for you guys so, I hope you enjoy it!. The winner of this chapter is darkgirl23! She really deserves it!

________________________________________________________________________

I blinked my eyes at the spotlight and tried to adjust them. In the distance, I saw someone stand up. I had never seen that person before but he was gorgeous. He was 6’2 with blonde hair and from what I could see, brilliant blue eyes. He was beautiful and he has smiling widely at me.

“Oh wow, well, are you sure?” the blonde girl squinted her eyes at the boy and then gasped in shock; probably from how attractive he was.

“I couldn’t be surer.” He said and smiled at me in such a way that it made me blush.

“Well, okay. Autumn Lancaster for $150 000, going once, going twice and sold to the gorgeous blonde boy with the blue eyes.” She said and gave him a flirtatious wink.

“No!” a loud shout came from a different direction. I looked up to see Adam being pull back by all four boys. “Don’t you dare touch her.”

“Why not? I bought her!” he said in a beautiful deep voice. Adam broke away from the boys’ grip and in a flash; he had the blonde by the neck and against the wall. The school gasped in unison and watched as if it was an action move. Only the popcorn was missing.

“Stay away from her Ryan or you will regret crossing paths with me.” Adam seethed. Wait, Adam knew who the boy was? I didn’t even know and I had been at the school forever.

“Sorry Adam, no can do.” He replied and flashed him a wide grin, so they knew each other? There was a lot of anger that seemed to reverberate from them and it was directed at each other. Adam pressed harder against his neck and growled lowly. There was an undertone of threat and anger in the growl and it scared even me but I just couldn’t let Ryan be hurt like that. I had had enough and I ran over to where they were. There was no way I was going to let some innocent guy get hurt by a beast like Adam.

“Adam, put him down.” I ordered.

“You don’t own me.” he said in a snarky tone without a single glance at me.  Oh and what he was doing didn’t involve ownership in the slightest, I assume? I wanted to tell him off but of course, I need to act like him! I needed to show him that I was just as disinterested as he was.

“You don’t own her either.” Ryan said as if he read my mind. Adam increased the pressure on his neck and I could see Ryan struggle to take in air. My heart jumped out for him.

“Everyone OUT NOW!” Adam roared and then suddenly, everyone got up and filed out of the auditorium quietly. I watched in awe. Why would the teachers allow him to do that? Were they scared of Adam? That was the reason I settled for; fear of Adam’s capabilities. Silence filled my ears and I stared at Adam with his hand wrapped tightly around Ryan’s neck.  They were scowling as if they were daring each other to make the first move.

“Do not touch her. Am I understood?” he gritted through his teeth and pressed even harder on Ryan’s neck. It felt like my neck was being choked! Empathy rushed through me and I wanted to save the poor boy. Why was Adam being such a jackass?

“Adam put him down or I will make you do it.” I said with a lot of authority. Adam laughed dryly and then turned to me.

“How so?” he asked teasingly as if the lone thought of me trying to hurting him was hilarious. But that wasn’t my plan. I didn’t want to hurt him; I wanted him to let Ryan go and I knew exactly how to do it.