Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

Beep. Beep. Beep. I tried snoozing the damn alarm clock but it is persistent that I wake up. I groaned and open my eyelids. I thought I was back home until everything flooded to me like a tidal wave. The divorce and Florida. I sighed.  

I cleaned up and dressed. I grab some white shorts and red t-shirt, grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs.  

"Hey, kiddo, there's some muffins on the table," Mom said. She was leaning on the kitchen island, reading a newspaper. 

I nibbled on a blueberry muffin and kiss my mom on the cheek.  

"Bye Mom." I grab my keys and ran for the door. 

"Bye Selene. Good luck!" she yelled at me. I rolled my eyes at that comment. Typical mom behavior. 

I climbed in my Audi and drove out to school. Last night, I MapQuest the school's address so I pretty much knew where to go. Sort of.  

Driving in this flashy car gave me a lot of unwanted attention. As I passed by a Toyota since it was so slow, the driver gave me a dirty look. I flipped him off as I drove past. Whatever. 

Miami Beach High was huge. It sort of resembles a college. I drove in the parking lot and found an empty space. But right as I was driving to it, a red Beemer also had the same idea. The driver was a blonde girl, sitting next to her was another blonde, and the one in the backseat was a redhead. They all gave me dirty looks and the driver flipped me off. She was about to drive in the parking space but I blocked her. No way was she getting it, I got here first, bitch. But damn, this girl is persistent. She wants it. Personal, I really don't, but bitches get on my nerves and she was one of the bitches. She finally gave up after trying to get in for the tenth time and drove away. However, before she drove she gave me a look that said this isn't over between us. That's fine. It's on, bitch. I drove in my winning space and walked out. I finally found the main office and entered. There was a woman behind the desk. Her nametag identified her as Ms. Riley. 

"How can I help you? '' she asked "I'm a new student here. My name is Selene Conell." I told her just as politely. 

She typed in my name in her computer and printed out a schedule. She handed it to me along with a map.  

"Thank you." I smiled and walked out the door. 

I found my assigned locker and opened the combination written on my schedule. To my surprised, it was clean, not even a speck in dust to be seen. 

The bell rang and I went to first period. As I walked in, everyone stared. The guys' eyes jaws dropped while some of the girls shot me daggers. Weird. I found seats near the back. Two girls were sitting next to it, though. As I sat down, one turn to me. She had strawberry blonde hair and a friendly smile.  

"Hi, I'm Tiffany Merley." She extended her hand to me. I shook it and said, "I'm Selene Conell."  

Tiffany pointed at the girl sitting next to her and said, "This is Kayla Summers." Kayla waved and smile at me and I returned the wave and smile. She had black hair and sort of a gothic look.  

"So how do you like Miami so far?" Tiffany asked. 

"I like it okay. Kind of hot, but I really like it somehow."I responded. 

Kayla asked, "Where were you from?" 

"California." I told her. 

She was about to say something when the bell rang and the teacher, a bald man in a suit (really?) stood up.  

"I'm Mr. Martin and welcome to Sophomore Honors English." 

He yammered on about famous literature and poems that we will be reading in class. Finally the bell rang. As it turns out, I have second period with Kayla. We waved at Tiffany, who told us she'll see us at lunch, and began walking to Algebra 2/Trig. Kayla and I talked about the bands we like and was almost there to the classroom when the bitch in the parking lot this morning blocked out path. She sneered at me.