Part 16

Hi :)

I am truly sorry for my lack of updates. :( Moving has been crazy, and today the cable guy came and FINALLY hooked up our internet. I never knew moving was so hard. We had sooooooo many boxes to unpack. My Mom has way too much kitchen stuff if you ask me. She has different cutting boards for poultry, fish, and red meat. And then she gets mad when I don't use the right one.

Clearly we are not related.

I've been dying a slow and painful death without internet. It was like 127 Hours over here. Obviously I had my phone, but I write in Word and then copy and paste it into here, so if it gets deleted, I don't lose my work. And when you write on a phone the format gets messed up anyway.

Anyway, please accept my apology. I'm horrible at updating, I know. You guys don't deserve that, so I can't apologize enough. <3 Forgive me? :)) <3

Enjoy this and listen to the song on the side while you're reading it, which is Happiness by the Fray. One of my favorites <3. Or favourites, to spell it the British way.

Harry

                I watched her intently as she trailed her fingers on the surface of the dark water. She leaned her head back, soaking the ends of her long hair, before she turned to me, wearing that smile that I loved.

Even in the dark, her wide hazel eyes were radiant, a deep golden color that could never be replicated. Her eyelashes cast long shadows across her cheek bones, hiding the freckles that lay underneath. I took her hand in mine, marveling at the softness of her palm. She took a step closer to me, water dripping from her shorts and from the hem of my shirt that she wore.

There’s nothing more dangerous than a beautiful girl. Those words had been said to me by my father when I was seven years old, the day he and Mum told my sister and I they were getting a divorce. At the time, I hadn’t believed him.

Now I understood. And every time I looked at her, I was reminded of his words. This wasn’t supposed to happen. I wasn’t supposed to want her, but I did. I was supposed to leave her alone, but I couldn’t.

The ocean breeze pulled at Maddie’s hair, her scent of strawberries washing over me, “What are you thinking about?” she whispered, unaware of the intoxication the sweet smell had. She must use strawberry shampoo.

She blinked up at me as I took a tiny step closer, her pink lips slightly parted.

“I’m thinking about…doing this,” I playfully splashed ocean water all down her front, laughing at the pouty face she made.

“Harry!” she whined. I continued to chuckle at her expense. I was caught off guard when she shoved me hard on my chest, sending me toppling back into the shallow water.

I emerged a second later to hear her light giggle. I growled teasingly, shaking my wet hair. Salty water splattered her already drenched clothes. Turning, she splashed towards the sand and took off running along the beach. I stood and gave chase.

Her infectious laugh could be heard as she ran, her long hair flowing behind her. She was fast, but I was faster, and I caught up to her in a matter of seconds. 

“Harry!” she cried as I tackled her into the sand, carefully of course, so my body weight didn’t hurt her. She let out peels of giggles as I pinned her down and tickled her sides.

“Someone’s ticklish,” I commented as she squirmed under me, kicking my legs and giggling all the while, “You thought you were going to get away that easy, huh?”