Part 11

Hiya bbys

So here it is, the eleventh part. I'm sorry it took me so long to get this out to you guys but it's a pretty long and intense chapter.

Enjoy:))

                                                                          Madeline

                I hummed to myself as I flipped to the next page of my favorite book, The Princess Bride. It was Saturday morning, and despite the morning chill, the sky outside was a beautiful blue and the sun warmed my back from where I lay sprawled out on my bed.

 I had the house all to myself. Aunt Lavinia, Uncle Rufus, Isabelle and Harry had dashed off to the country club for brunch, and Libby was out running errands to prepare for the huge soiree that Aunt Lavinia was hosting. I didn’t want to go; I would’ve much rather stayed up in my room, burrowed under the covers reading. But seeing as Aunt Lavinia had already bought me a dress, I couldn’t say no. Besides, we were leaving early the next morning. One more night of Aunt Lavinia bossing me around couldn’t be that bad.

The sun turned the worn pages of my book a buttery yellow. I’d had this book for ages, ever since I was a little girl. I must’ve read it a thousand times, but somehow, the love story never got old.  I was just getting to the part where Buttercup confesses her love for Westley, when there was a knock on the door.

“Hey Kiddo,” Harry stuck his head through the door, “Can I come in?”

I looked up from my book, slightly startled, “No.”

Harry pouted, sticking his bottom lip out and giving me saddo puppy dog eyes. His curls were extra messy today, falling onto his forehead irresistibly, “Why not?”

“Because I’m not a kid,” I told him, not looking up from my book.

Harry chuckled, green eyes sparkling with humor, “Alright. Let’s try this again.”

Harry shut the door and I doggy-eared the page of my book, shutting it carefully, so as not to damage the worn spine.

Not five seconds had passed before Harry knocked again, sticking his head through the doorway, “Hey Beautiful. Can I come in?”

I fought to keep the pink from rising to my cheeks as I giggled. Harry must’ve taken this as a yes, because he slipped through the door, shutting it behind him and leaning against the door. He sure liked to tease.

“I need to you help me with something,” he said, his smile still playful. His deep, husky voice was enough to make any girl blush and I did just that, turning away so he wouldn’t notice.

Of course he noticed. He laughed and crossed the room in one stride, seating himself at the edge of my bed, “Not that kind of help, love. Though if you’re offering…”

I went even pinker at his suggestive comment and refused to meet his gaze. Harry’s cheeky grin grew wider, dimples popping at the corners of his smile.

“I wondered if you might help me with my dancing. I can’t waltz my way out of a paper bag and I’m fairly sure Isabelle is expecting me to dance with her tonight.”

“I’m sure you’ll be fine,” I said, picking back up my book. Harry could charm his way out of anything.

Harry reached over and took the book from in front of my face, folding over the page and setting it on the duvet. “Come on Maddie. It’ll be fun!”

One look at Harry’s pleading eyes and I had given in, “Okay.”

We headed down to the ballroom. Harry had managed to schmooze himself out of brunch by telling my aunt and uncle that he needed to pack for tomorrow. I had no idea how I was going to teach Harry how to waltz. Waltzing involved physical contact, and if Harry so much as laid a finger on me, I blushed. I sent a silent prayer to the blushing gods as we descended down the grand staircase.