Part 6

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY GORGEOUS READERS!!!!

Are y'all having a good Christmas? I know I am<3

Here's the next chapter. I hope you enjoy. xx

Please leave a comment below if you dooooo...

Madeline

The next couple of days went by in a blur. Rehearsal for Baby Its Cold Outside was all day every day, and by the time I got home, I wanted nothing more but then to curl up in my Tinker Bell pajamas and sleep. But as it grew closer and closer to Christmas Eve, I found myself growing more and more excited for the big day.

And tomorrow my parents were coming. I'd missed them; I couldn't wait to see them without the presence of 'work' looming over our shoulders like a cloud..

Ryan was one of the best dance partners I had ever had. He was an incredible dancer, but he was also such a laugh, always cracking jokes and making me smile. In just a couple of days, we were already friends. Ryan was most of the reason I learned the dance so quickly. He stayed after rehearsal was over to help me learn the choreography. He was also a great lifter, and cute too. He was twenty-four though, far too old for me.

Now it was Saturday evening, and as I walked home from rehearsal, I could feel my Christmas spirit kicking in. The store windows were lined with tinsel and lights, the doors had wreaths and bows on them and the little bakery across the street had a little display in the window featuring a dancing snowman. People were everywhere, finishing up their Christmas shopping so they could get home to their families. Next to me, a middle age women was being dragged by her young son and daughter into Hamleys Toy Store. In the Hamleys display, a train wound its way around a giant neighborhood of gingerbread houses, while a row of multi-colored nutcracker dolls looked on.

I peaked past the display, into the store. On a raised platform decorated with tinsel snowflakes and Christmas trees, sat Santa. There was a little boy on his lap, probably listing all of the things he wanted for Christmas. The line wound its way all around the store. Eager children hung onto their parents arms, excited for their chance to meet Santa Clause. I realized, suddenly, as I watched the women and her two kids enter at the back of the line, that even though the parents knew that Santa wasn’t real, they were still willing to stand in line for two hours just so they could see their child happy. I guess that was what Christmas was all about.

I stepped back from the display and continued on my way. It even smelled like Christmas, I noted as I passed the bakery with the dancing snowman. The air smelled of cinnamon, pine trees and gingerbread. My breath puffed out in front of me, visible in the chilly evening air. It began to snow, adding to what was already on the ground. The little flakes fell onto my nose and eyelashes, and I blinked, turning my face up to the sky and sticking out my tongue to catch the cold wetness.

I was almost skipping by the time I reached Isabelle’s apartment. I stopped before the steps to admire Big Ben, standing tall and regal in the distance, against the darkening sky. I adored the old architecture of London. It was so classic and Victorian. I could see why my Grandmother had loved London so much. She and I had always shared a love of vintage items.

“Merry Christmas, Grandma,” I whispered into the night. Then I turned and hurried up the steps into the warm apartment building.

“Good Evening Miss Madeline,” the uniformed doorman, Bo, held open the door for me. Bo was pudgy and friendly, with the kind of loud voice you'd expect from a weatherman.