Chapter Eleven

I’ve been on bed rest for the past week, I wasn’t allowed to leave my house for seven days, unless it was for a doctor’s appointment. Now, I’m getting ready to go to school. It’s currently 6:30 in the morning and I’m getting dressed in a cute outfit, might as well make it cute since all eyes are going to be on me today. “What to wear, what to wear.” I mutter walking into my closet trying to think of what to wear. I end up bumming it out for the day, but in a cute way. I wear my neon pink Victoria’s Secret sweatpants that have Pink written down in shiny diamonds. I wear the matching sweater with a white t-shirt underneath just in case I get hot.

            Tamara wakes up just as I bring the outfit to my bed. There’s a knock on the door and I go to open it. “Hey, are you guys almost ready? You’re not going to take the bus anymore until you’re okay to walk without the crutches, so I’ll be taking you girls.” Jihad says with a smile on his face.

            “I’m almost ready, I just need to get dressed and put some mascara on. Tamara however just got into the shower.”

            “Well we have to be out of here by eight if we want to make it to homeroom on time.” He says walking away. I walk back in and knock on the bathroom door.

            “Tamara, hurry up in there, Jihad says we have to leave soon.” I yell through the door leaning on my crutches. She yells something back to me and I go to the mirror to add a little bit of the makeup that my mom forgot in here. Once I’m happy with the way my face looks at slowly put on my sweatpants making sure the cast doesn’t ruin the pants. I put on a plain white t-shirt and throw the sweatshirt in my bag.

            Tamara is now ready and someone knocks on the door. Jihad walks in and hands me two bagels and two water bottle. “Give one to Tamara, once you finish eating we have to leave. Yeah?” I nod my head nervously.

            “Jihad?” I ask once he starts to head back. I continue to talk once I see that I have his attention. “What am I expecting when I get to school? Do I have to watch out for anyone?”

            “No not really, trust me, they learned their lesson, if anyone does have a problem with you, they won’t confront you, after what they saw what Tamara could do.” He says making me laugh. “Don’t worry, you have me, Tamara, and the girls who will stick by  your side.” He says and starts walking away again. “Oh, I can’t forget about Kevin and Troy, they have a soft spot for you Sara.” He says and I look at him confused. “Earlier in the week baba told me something, that he told me I can’t tell you. So I’m keeping my promise and not telling you anything. You’ll find out when the time comes. Now hurry up in here, we have to get going soon.” He then walks out and Tamara walks into the bedroom with a towel covering her body.

            “Finally, I thought he’d never leave.” She jokes walking to the dresser and grabbing a bra and underwear and going into the closet to get her outfit on. She walks out wearing cute color baby blue skinny jeans with a black top and blue jewelry.

            “Well look at you looking all cute and dressed up. Are you trying to impress someone?” I ask jokingly. When she looks down embarrassed I knew that she was hiding something from me. “Well, well, well,” I say crossing my arms looking at her with raised eyebrows. “Who’s the guy?” I ask her.

            “What? What are you talking about? There is no guy.” She starts to blush.

            “Mhm, no need to lie to me, I could tell when you’re lying.”

            “Okay, okay, fine I’ll tell you but it’s between me and you, okay?” I nod my head and she looks at her feet and mutters something.