Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

"It's going to be a fun and a completely new experience for us, Selene." 

That was the first sentence my mother told me as we sat on first class seats of American Airlines, getting ready to fly to Miami, Florida. My mother's idea of fun is flying across the country to the hottest state in the country. Yeah, mom, I love you too, I thought sarcastically. The stupid reason why mom decided to move from the perfect California to the humid Florida was because Dad and she had a "fallout." At least that's what they told me and my seventeen-year-old brother, Jason. We didn't believe they had a "fallout", more like a divorce. Hey! I'm sixteen, not six, guys. How stupid do they think I am?  

After the whole legal crap and splitting me with mom and Jason with dad are over with, my mom told me to pack all of my things so we can move across the state. Leaving my dad, annoying brother and friends was not easy. Hell no. Goodbyes were so hard, especially with my dad. Yeah, he had to work all the time, but he was with me since I was born. He taught me how to ride a bike, how to swim, and just bought me an Audi for my birthday. How can I not miss him? Leaving my brother was not as bad, but I will surely miss him. He was there to hold my hand on Halloween nights and scary movies up until I was 11. Though he was an annoying brother, he was my annoying brother.  

When I told my friends that I'm moving, tissues were being passed among us nonstop. My two best friends since kindergarten, Kate and Leila, were hugging me and crying big tearful sobs. They were like sisters that I wish I could have but don't. We were all there together when we all made the cheer squad, when Kate's dad died, when Leila broke her arm doing a front flip, and when my parents divorced. We were inseparable.  

"Attention passengers, the doors will now be closed. Please put on your seatbelts for departure," the pilot announces. 

I turned to my mother. "I'm going to miss this place so much, Mom." I tried not to cry. Damn, I got to man up. Usually I'm stronger than this, and am able to fight anything, physical or emotional dilemmas.  

She looked at me, understanding and love deep in her hazel eyes- like mine- and said, "I know, honey. Me too."  

Mom promised me I could visit anytime I want. Like that would solve much of anything. 

I decided I couldn't brood and think anymore so I took out my iPod and crank up some tunes. Ke$ha's voice blared through my headphones and with that, I fell asleep.  

                                           ~Comment ~~  vote~~ please~~