The Fog

We step out of the TARDIS into a lush grassy meadow. In the distance large clouds create a wall from the ground to the sky.

“Doctor, what’s that?” I ask.

“I don’t understand. Felspoon never has bad weather.” He mutters to himself. “The mountains are meant to be there, but that wall of fog is covering them!” He gets out his sonic screwdriver and begins scanning the area. The fog is getting closer, and the temperature is dropping. I rub my arms. Maybe my favourite red dress was a bad idea.

“I’m just gonna grab my jacket from the TARDIS, won’t be long.” I shout.

As soon as I enter the TARDIS the door slams shut behind me.

“Okay, that was weird.” I say to myself. I walk to the railing where my jacket is hanging. As I pick it up the TARDIS console starts to flash. I notice a button flickering from red to blue like a police cars light.

“Clara? You okay in there?” I hear the Doctor call.

“Coming!” I yell back. The button continues to flash. I choose to ignore it. I make my way to the door. It won’t open. “Doctor, the doors locked.” I yell. The TARDIS never seems to like me.

“The sonic isn’t working!” He shouts in reply, frustration evident in his voice, “Use your key. And hurry, the fogs getting closer.” I try to turn the key in the lock but it won’t budge.

“Oh come on. Is this because I dropped my soufflés on the floor? It was an accident!” I tell the TARDIS. The Doctor’s voice is drowned out by a familiar noise.

“Clara? Clara!” he yells as the TARDIS dematerialises.