Soufflè Girl

The TARDIS calms down once we reach the time vortex.

“Right.” Says the Doctor “We should have an hour or so before we land. Why don’t you go bake something or whatever it is you do?” He returns to the console and begins to fiddle around with the buttons and levers. I sigh as he connects two bright coloured wires’ causing sparks to shoot everywhere. He emerges from the smoke with a maniacal grin on his face. He notices me giggle and blushes, mumbling as he returnes to his work.

I make my way through the TARDIS corridors, searching for my favourite kitchen. I swear I walk past the pool at least five times before I finally find it. The clean white countertops sparkle in the light of the chandelier that hangs above them, and the eleven fridges are always stocked with whatever I need. I have used the other six kitchens but this one has always been my favourite. I walk over to the shelf where I left my recipe books, my shoes echoing against the polished tiles. I turn to my favourite soufflé, one my mum used to make for me when I was little.

“Lemon and lime soufflés.” I read to no one. I set to work mixing ingredients while humming a tune to myself.

A crash from the console room gives me a fright as I take my soufflés from the oven, causing me to drop the tray. My soufflés hit the tiles with a splat. I run to the console room where the Doctor is panicking. Fire erupts from the console.

“It’s all right! Just a bit of turbulence!” He yells through the sound of explosions.

“Really?! It sure looks fine!” I shout back as I get thrown back and forth as the room shakes.

“Well, maybe it’s a bit not good.” He replies as he is thrown against me. I grab a fire extinguisher from the wall as we are tossed around the console. I pass it to the Doctor. As he begins to spray the foam the shaking stops. Once the fires are out the Doctor checks the sensor, looking for the cause of the strange event.

“Well.” He says, “we’ve arrived.”