the wreckage of his life

❝He's so stupid, it's entertaining. He's such a joke. What kind of high schooler acts five?❞

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

HE STARED AT the white wall in front of him and fiddled with his intertwined fingers. He swayed his body side to side. He was alone, just himself and his thoughts. His terrible, awful thoughts. Everyone was eating at him alive. They thought something was wrong with him. He did too. His parents told him otherwise.

He asked them why he had to take pills.

They said don't worry about it.

He asked them why he was like a child.

They said don't worry about it.

He asked them why he was so clumsy.

They said don't worry about it.

He asked them why he didn't like loud noises.

They said don't worry about it.

He asked them why he was so stupid.

They said don't worry about it.

He glanced down at his ninja turtle sheets and furrowed his eyebrows.

Stop acting like a kid.

He then looked at the ninja turtle action figures sat along his wooden desk.

Stop acting like a kid.

He groaned and palmed his forehead harshly.

"Stupid!" He bit out.

He hated his thoughts. He hated himself. He hated disappointing all of the other kids at school.

They called him a child.

He told them sorry.

They called him clumsy.

He told them sorry.

They called him stupid.

He cried. He begged them all for forgiveness.

They laughed.

He ran away.

He frowned and called himself stupid again. Why was he not like the kids at school? Why?

He jumped up from his bed and began to heave. He ripped the bed sheets off and balled it up. He threw the sheets to the floor and stomped on them.

"Stupid!"

"Stupid!

"Stupid!"

He stomped to his desk and aggressively slid the action figures off from the surface.

He began to walk back over to his bed when he tripped over the balled up sheets he had thrown down. He landed on the floor, causing a loud boom to sound out.

The noise caused him to flinch. The echoing of the boom rang through his head. He covered his ears and started to kick his legs. He screamed and cried and screamed some more. Why wouldn't the ringing go away?

Please, just go away, he begged.

He didn't like loud noises. He didn't like disappointing people. He didn't like being like a child. He didn't like being clumsy. He didn't like being stupid.

He's so clumsy.

He's such a freak.

He's like a child.

He's so dumb.

Something is definitely wrong with him.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!"

He began to beat his head on the floor over and over and over again. Finally, the ringing stopped.