Chapter One

Adam's POV

"Baby, come on." 

"No! Adam, I am done. I'm so out of here." April, the girl I thought was "the one", got all of her things and walked right out the door. 

I sit on my bed, thinking about her laying beside me just this morning. I sigh, as I bunch the covers up under my fists and yell. She was the best thing that had ever happened to me. But, I am hoping there will be another April out there as I take a quick shower, and get dressed. Today is all focused on trying to forget about a girl who probably would've forgotten about me and left anyway. I grab my phone, and I head out to be Adam Levine. No emotions or anything. Just a pop superstar. 

Kristy's POV

"Daddy, come on. It's just a concert." I half whine at my father. 

"Well, I don't want you to go to a random concert in L.A. all by yourself. No, it's not going to happen." he folds his arms across his chest. 

"What if I went with Alex. Or Kelsey? What if we made it a best friends road trip? Then would you let me go?"  I proposition. 

"When would you leave?" he looks at me broodingly. 

"We would leave tomorrow. So, we could get to L.A. in time to get our bearings and get to the concert." My phone vibrates in my pocket, but I ignore it. 

"Ok. But, let's check with your friend's parents, to make sure that it's ok with them." I squeal and I hug him tightly. 

"I better go get packed. I'm gonna call Kelsey and Alex right now!" I run up the stairs, my pajama bottoms brushing the stairs, as I ascend to my room. 

I look at my phone, and it's a text from Kelsey. "I can go," she says, with a smiley picture of her and her open suitcase. Now, to text Alex and make sure he can come. As soon as I send the text, I look up and I see my old boyfriend, Cam walking up my driveway. I run down the stairs and to the front door, meeting him out on the porch. 

"Cam, what are you doing here?" I ask, closing the door behind me. 

"I heard you were going to a concert. I wanted to come along." he smiles and wraps an arm around my waist. 

"You can't. My dad doesn't know that you want to come and I bet he wouldn't want you to come." I push myself away from him. Just being close to him making my knees go slightly weak. 

"Well, why don't we ask him? He's just inside." He reaches to open the door, and I put my hand over his. 

"No. You can't come. This is something that I want to do with my friends." 

"What? We aren't friends?" he feigns hurt, "That's not fair." 

"Yeah, well life isn't fair," I say, turning to go back into the house. 

He spins me around and kisses me before I have any time to protest. I pull away from him, looking at him confusedly. 

"I gotta go. You can't come." I turn around and close the door shut behind me. 

I exhale and slump against the front door, closing my eyes, and having that feeling of his lips pressed against mine. I go back up to my home to prep for my road trip tomorrow, and to get my mind off of Cam's impromptu kiss at my door. He can't come, I think to myself. It can't happen. 

Adam's POV

I go out for my morning run, and I see about twenty paparazzi. Let them take their pictures. There is going to be a headline about it in all the tabloids anyway. The big concert is soon to kick off another one of our tours and I can't wait. It's a sold out concert, and everything is going to be super fun and amazing. Our fans are the greatest. They are always there for us, and they are the greatest support. I get into a zone, and put my earbuds into my ears, setting a standard pace, and going nice and smooth. It's a beautiful day, and it feels nice to be uninterrupted while I run.