Chapter Four

Kristy's POV

"Ok, now we have to find something killer for you to wear." Kelsey says as she goes through my suitcase.

"What if I just wear jeans and a t-shirt? It's just coffee. It's not a big deal. It's not like we are going to this  fancy place or anything." I tell Kelsey trying to get her to cool it on the outfit.

"Ok. But just remember this is Adam Levine so don't blow it."

"I have no intention on blowing anything." I say smiling at my own dirty joke.

"Wait!" Alex says coming over to me, "You look great. Have fun but hopefully not too much without me." he picks me up and hugs me tight in his arms.

"Thanks, Alex. I will." I smile at him and walk out of the hotel room, trying to be confident.

My legs feel like jelly and the one time that I want to do something on my own I feel like I can't. I take the bus to the coffee shop, which sounds weird, but I didn't grab the keys to the car and I am super lazy naturally. I look down at my scarf and sweater combo outfit, with my high heeled ankle boots on and I feel so self concisous about what I am wearing. What if he doesn't like me? I step off of the bus and there he is, out on the patio a single flower in his hand and I want to run away. Instead I just will myself to go over and sit across from him. 

Adam's POV

I see her and she looks like she's thinking about whether to sit near me or not but eventually she comes over and sits across from me. 

"Hi." she says smiling. 

"Hi. Oh, this is for you." I hand her the daisy I have in my hand and her smile broadens. 

"Thanks," she says as the waitress comes over to me. 

"Can we get two vanilla lattees and two of your macarons? Thank you," I say smiling politely at her. 

"I've never had somebody order for me since I was like seven." 

"You were very independent at a young age," I half-joke, but the joke falls flat. 

"My dad taught me well. Plus, it's not that hard to order off of a menu," she rolls her eyes and I chuckle. 

"So, all I know about you is that you went to my concert, have two best friends, at least I'm hoping the guy is a best friend, and that you have been able to order off a menu on your own since you were seven," she smiles and the waitress comes with our macarons and lattees. 

"Alex is a best friend.  Alex, Kelsey, and I have known each other since we were five years old. We grew up together. The only reason my dad is letting me drive all the way down here to see your concert is because they were coming with me. He would have hated it if I had brought up the idea of coming alone." 

"You live with your dad? Where?" I take a sip of almost too sweet coffee and look at her. 

"Yeah. It's pretty much just been me and my dad. Up near Napa. We have a bigish house up there and that's where I go to high school." 

"High school?" 

"I'm eighteen. I'm a senior. It's my last year there. But I've had some really good times at that school." she smiles and blushes a little, playing with the handle of her coffee cup. 

"Cool. So, you got any boyfriends?" I ask, trying to be sly, but I don't think it succeeded. 

"No. And even if I did, why do you want to know?" she asks getting slightly defensive. 

"Because I was just asking." I say taking another sip of coffee. 

"Mmhmm," she says, looking at me sideways and taking her first sip of coffee.