Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Kortnii's POV

I licked my lips nervously, waiting for mom and Frank to get back. They had left early this morning while we were asleep to run some errands. Mom had left me a note saying so. During the time they were away I had told Jessica o the news. She was excited and worried for Aiden and I at the same time.

So now Aiden, Scarlett, Jessica, and I all sat down on the couch, holding eachother's hands. It was so silent, like in those scary movies when its so quiet that when someone breaks something, it scares the living shit out of you. I tried so hard not to cry, faint, or scream. I was so worried. "It will be okay" They had all assured me. It wouldn't.

The doorknob turned and Frank and mom walked in. This was it, the moment of truth. "Hey kids!" mom said cheerfully, sitting down in her chair. She was oblivious to the fact that the room was filled with awkwardness and her cheerfulness made it even more...awkward.

Frank had noticed it because he said, "Are you guys okay?" I nodded quickly as he sat down in the other chair. I breathed in and gulped. I couldn't take it, I just wanted to stand up and scream "I'm pregnant with Aiden's baby!" and get it over with. Aiden squeezed my hand reassuringly and said, "We have something to say."

"Yes?" my mom asked. She was still completely unaware of the situation. I stood up and everyone else did too. "Well, I'm uh...pregnant?" Frank;s smile turned into a frown. "Uh what?" My mom asked, confused. "I'm preganant!" I said real slow. "Who is the father?" Frank asked gruffly.

"I am" Aiden responded. He sounded so calm, unafraid. "WHAT!?" Frank screamed, jumping up. "That is disgusting! You two are brother and sister god!" I shook my head, "Not by blood it's perfectly normal!" He clenched and unclenched his fists. I've never seen him this angry before.

"You're getting an abortion!" He said. "What?" my mom said, standing up. She hated the thought of abortion like me. "That will not be allowed! I will not stand with that!" Frank turned to her an said, "Okay we'll make this easy. They'll have to move out!"

I rolled my eyes. Is he serious? He can't make me do that! "Uh no thanks!" I said. "It wasn't a suggestion it was an order!" Frank said through gritted teeth. "You are in pure!" He obviously was some sort of psycho Christian. "Fine we'll leave" Aiden said, grabbing my hand. "But where are we gonna go huh? How are we gonna pay for an apartment?"

"I don't give a fuck as long as you are out of my house!" "YOUR HOUSE!" I screamed. "Fuck! You only lived here for a few months and you decide to call it yours?! You disgust me!" "I wouldn't be talking!" he replied. I laughed coldly, "Oh I know! I'm just a failure huh? At least I'm not your real daughter because if I was you would probably say that you didn't know me!"

"Calm down Frank" my mom said, "You too Kortnii! i don't want any arguing we will sit in the kitchen and discuss this calmly. Scarlett I think you should go and take Jessica." "Sure as hell they won't leave!" I said, grabbing both their arms. My mom sighed, "Fine" and gestured for us to sit in the kitchen.

We didn't have enough chairs so I sat on Aiden. Frank looked at us disgustingly and said, "You guys are just... I don't even know anymore." Aiden hugged my waist. "Okay so what do we do?" My mom asked. "I already answered that!" Frank said, "Kick them out of the goddamn house!"

My mom shook her head, she was obviously dissapointed in me. I felt so bad I jsut wanted to cry. tears welled up in my eyes as I looked at mom, "I'm sorry! I know I screwed up." She patted my shoulder. "It will be okay. I love you no matter what. You were the best thing that ever happened to me."