Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I woke to the sound of my alarm clock beeping loudly. "Ugh" I groaned as I slammed my hand on top of it. Sometimes I wish alarm clocks were never invented. I rubbed my eyes and got up and went into the bathroom. Splashing my face with cold water I noticed a figure beside me. I looked up "Hey Aiiideeen" I said trying to act all awake and stuff. It clearly wasn't working. "Hey Kooortniiii. Can you pleeeease hurry up so I can take a showeeer?" I rolled my eyes, "Stop playing games with me and yeah it’s all yours" He smiled and closed the door behind him.

I got dressed and put my make-up on and ran down to the kitchen. My mom was making her Chocolate chip pancake that I loved. "Good morning Sweetie. Sleep well?" She asked looking up from the stove. "Yeah I guess I did. I fell asleep as soon as I got in my bed." I lied. Of course I didn't sleep well besides the fact I had a major exam today things didn't really look any better when I started thinking about how this really popular dude lived in the room right next to mine.

"Good morning parentals" Aiden said as he sat down next to Frank. "What's up my G?" he said turning to him. "What? Oh I get it. Ok um, Forizzle in the hizzle dawg." I laughed at how unbelievably stupid that sounded. "Whoa calm yourself dad, you don't need to go all gangster on me." I stifled a laugh as I sat down. "Here we are!" My mom said in her sing-song voice putting a plate full of pancakes and bacon in front of my face.

"These look really good sweetie" Frank said, taking a bite of a pancake. "Thanks mom" I said. When everyone got finished I stood up and said, "Mom I will do the dishes this morning" "Thanks sweetie" she said handing me her plate. "Yeah, thanks sweetie" Aiden smirked. I glared at him and took his plate.

I am not really a morning person so he just made a big mistake. "Come on Kortnii we have to get to school" Aiden said handing me my jacket. I snatched it out of his hands and walked to the passenger side of the car. "What's your deal?" He said getting into the car. "Nothing" I replied.

"Come on tell me."

"I'm not a morning person so don't joke with me"

"I'm sorry Kortnii I didn't know. We cool?" 

He smiled I guess his smile was contagious because I couldn't help but grin back. The rest of the ride I listened to my iPod. I didn't notice we were there until Aiden tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey we are here let's go." I looked up and to my surprise, there were people huddled around the car waiting to see who will come out with Aiden today. 

"Uh Aiden?" I asked nervously, "Why are there people huddled around this car?" "Well sweetie it’s because they love me" I rolled my eyes. "Well...sweetie I can't really open my door in fear Imma hit a bitch." He chuckled and swung his door open. I was surprised; I didn't hear screaming or gasping so I did the same. 

Everyone gasped as I got out of the car. "Come on let's get out-" He was cut off by a girl screaming. "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!?" It was Elizabeth, Aiden's slut of a girlfriend. "It's not what it looks like Liz. She is my knew step-sister and I offered to take her to school" She rolled her eyes and glared at me, "You keep your hands off of him you little bitch or I will mess you up so bad you will slit your wrists." I pushed passed Aiden and the rest of the crowd. I wasn't really up for a fight, especially with the devil's mistress herself.

"Kortnii wait up!" Aiden yelled, running towards me. I turned and said, "Why don't you go walk with your girlfriend? I bet she would love that." He looked at me and said, "Well maybe I want to walk with you."  He walked me to my locker in silence and finally said, "Don't worry about Liz Kort, she is just well," "A nutcase?" I asked. "Well you could say that. I mean I like her and all but she is so clingy. I want to dump her but I'm afraid that she would kill me if I did." I smiled a weakly and patted his shoulder whispering, "Break up with the bitch, she doesn't deserve a guy like you." I turned away and walked to first period.

"So" Scarlett said staring at me with wide eyes. "How did it go with Aiden last night?" We were now in second period and Mrs. Garcia. Was lecturing us about animal habitats, completely unaware that no one was really listening. "Well, It was weird he came into my room and we were like really close. He told me my eyes were pretty." "Oh Em Gee! He obviously likes you!" "What?" I asked really confused. Last time I checked, a guy telling a girl she had pretty eyes didn't exactly mean he liked her. "Oh come on Kortnii you KNOW he likes you" she said emphasizing the word know.

"What else did he say?" By now her desk was really close to mine. "Well, Jonny is coming over tonight and he is driving me to school for now on."  She rolled her eyes. "BOR-ING! What else happened?" "Well, I think he saw me running out of the shower with only a towel on." She gasped and shook me real hard. "What? OW! Stop that!" I said rubbing my arm. "He was so totally checking you out doesn’t deny it! Don’t worries I have a plan for tonight and since Jonny will so happen to be there maybe he could help." "What what plan?" I asked. RIIIING! Went the bell. "Well I'll talk to you in fourth!" Scarlett said running off. Saved by the bell, I thought. I had a feeling this wasn't gonna end well.

Scarlett's POV

I ran out of the classroom and found Jonny by my locker. "JONNY JONNY!!" I yelled running into him. "What?" he asked. "I have a plan for tonight. You are going over to Aiden's place right?" "Yeah he moved in with someone. His dad got remarried. How'd you know that?" "Well, he moved in with Kortnii. Her mom is his new step-mom" shock spread over his face as he said, "No way! I knew that address looked familiar." "Yeah yeah yeah, great. Now listen I have a plan and I need your help." "Sure what is it?"

"Quick we need to go somewhere quiet and hide."

Kortnii's POV

I looked everywhere for Scarlett but she was nowhere I even checked her locker. I finally gave up and walked to second period. "Hey!" Aiden said gesturing for me to sit by him. "Uhh... hey" I said. Okay I was still had not fully recovered from the shock of Aiden moving in last night. And now we were conversing? A girl can only take so much of this torture!

"Well since we are... living under the same uh... roof I think we should exchange numbers." I smiled slyly. I finally get my revenge from this morning. "Why do want my number sweetie? I only just met you yesterday." His face flushed, "Well because, you know! I-" I pulled out my phone and handed it to him. "Here you go!" He took the phone and punched in his number. "So I need your number" "Lemme text you ok?"

'Hey its Kortnii here ya go’

'Cool picks u up after skool?'

'Ya sure don’t let ur gf kill me plz'

'lol don’t worry im breaking up with her afterskool like u said'

'lol good g2g class is startin'

I smiled at him and put away my phone. This was gonna be an interesting day today. Third and fourth period went by and soon it was fifth. Thank god now I can chew Scarlett out for her 'Plan' "So what's up?" Scarlett asked casually. "I gave Aiden my phone number" Shit! I thought now I started the wrong conversation. "Ooh" She said. "Did he ask for it?" "Yeah" I replied. Oh fuck her plan; I thought she didn't always go through with them.

But I still felt the sense that maybe she would.