Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Josh's POV

I think I really hit it off with Cindi. She is so amazing! She loves to draw like me and oddly enough, listens to bands like Asking Alexandria. Its so cool! "So Cindi," I said, fumbling with my jacket strings. Yes, I was out in Kortnii's backyard, ninety degrees outside, and in a jacket. "Yeah?" She asked, looking up from her magazine. "I was wondering, would you like to go get some pizza sometime?"

Her eyes lit up and a small smile formed on her face as she said, "Of course!" I was proud of myself. No longer would I be that weird lonerish kid that was secretly poor."So how about uh Friday?" I asked. She nodded "Pick me up at seven?" "Of course!" I replied. THIS. WAS. SO. AWESOME!

Kortnii's POV

I woke up with my sheets wrapped around me, I didn't even know that I was asleep for this long. I looked over at the clock. The green numbers flashed five fifteen. What the hell? My stomach growled as I got up and stretched. My back popped all the way down my spine. For some strange reason, it made me feel good.

I walked downstairs, smelling what I thought was seafood. Jessica and Aiden were in the kitchen cooking up some fried shrimp, laughing and throwing batter at each other. "Hey guys!" I said, yawning. "Sleep well princess?" Aiden asked. I nodded my head and jumped up on the counter.

"I hope you know I'm not cleaning that up." I said, gesturing towards the batter on the walls. They both shrugged and continued battering the shrimp. It smelt so good I couldn't help but take a steaming hot one and shove it in my mouth. "HWOT!" I screamed, spitting out the shrimp into the sink.

Aiden and Jessica laughed and I made sure to give them each a glare. After they had finished making the shrimp, we all sat down and ate. "This is good!" I said, squeezing some soy sauce into my mouth that was already filed with shrimp. It came out more as a "Shish ish gwood!" but nonetheless, they understood.

"Thanks babe, I always like to please my woman." Jessica choked on her food, trying not to laugh. I slapped her on the arm and said, "I wouldn't be talking you stalker!" She gasped and looked appalled. "I would never!" She said, putting her hand against her heart. We all stared at each other for a good thirty seconds before busting out laughing. I had some pretty cool friends.

~ONE WEEK LATER~

Okay, a week has gone by and today Frank and mom were supposed to get back from their honeymoon in the Bahamas. We cleaned the house up and fixed all the furniture in it's place. I wanted to do something very special for them so I said, "Let's bake a cake!"

They hurriedly agreed and we got out all the ingredients. Fortunately for us, we had giant bags of sugar and flower. Needless to say, we could bake a cake for half the country and still have flour left over. Well maybe not, but I can dream!

I started mixing the ingredients when some of it flew out and landed all over Aiden's face. He looked at me and said, "I'm gonna get you." "It wasn't me!" but before I could finish, Aiden took a handful of flour and threw it at my face. "Oh it's on!" I screamed, slamming the bowl down. I took a handful of sugar that was at my side of the kitchen and threw it at him.

Next thing I knew, we were having and epic food battle. Jessica joined in and started throwing eggs. "No fair!" we both shouted, picking up flour and sugar, and throwing it at her. Now it was a two against one battle, but it didn't last for long. "What are you guys doing!?" Mom said, dropping her bag in pure shock.

We all just stood there, Jessica dropped her egg that she was about to throw and looked at me. It was like we were frozen in time. "We were uh... making you guys a cake!" Aiden said, uneasy. I picked up the mixing bowl and held it out. "Tadaa!..." I put the mixing bowl down at the sight of their faces.