Chapter III

Dinner was a disaster to say the least. The first thing i noticed was my dad's reaction. Partially because was the most heartrending. He looked genuinely disappointed in me, but once he got over the shock he spoke real calmly and accepted it. Luke's father was pretty much the same way except he gave luke more of a hard time. 

My brother, Caleb looked like he wanted to murder Luke. No joke. As soon as the words came out of my mouth he slammed the cup he was drinking from down and left the room,slamming the door on his way out the house. I didn't want to go after him because he was acting like a total bitch but at the same time it frustrated me, resulting in me crying. Again.

At that moment everything went downhill. I was crying, Luke's dad was lecturing him, my mom was trying to calm everyone down, Reagan and Luke's sister were giggling about the perks of having a new baby in the family, and Luke's mother was speaking comforting things into my ear. The only person that seemed to be quiet was Olivia, Luke's younger sister. Everyone was so wrapped up in their own conversations and thoughts about a baby that no one noticed a tall figure standing in the door way. 

I looked over the body. Tall frame, endless chocolate eyes, strong arms, and a tanned skin tone that you could only develop from being in the sun for so long. My feet seemed to have their own mind because before i knew it, I was wrapping my arms around him tightly crying into his chest. 

" Isaiah?" Thats when everything got quiet. My mother had been trying to calm everyone down for awhile but only did they listen to her when she called her eldest sons name. I shifted slightly to take a good look at mom. She had her hands clutching her chest in disbelieve. Her usually comforting blue eyes were now pale and glossed over with tears- joyful tears. 

Gasps filled the room as everyone else saw the brown haired boy hugging me tightly. He looked down at me, placing a tender kiss on the top of my head.

"Its really me, Tea. Its really me." My brother whispered keeping eye contact with mom from across the room. 

Isaiah walked towards her making sure to keep me wrapped in his arms whilst he maneuvered the dining room. When he finally reached her she broke down in tears, touching his face to make sure he was real. 

I decided to stop hogging the boy and let his mother actually get a chance to hug him. I hadn't even let go completely before she enveloped him in a warm embrace. 

I whipped the tears from my eyes still stunned at the fact that my brother- whom i haven't seen in over a year- was standing right in front of me. 

-

No we were all sitting around the living room, stuffing our faces with pie and ice cream whilst we listened to Isaiah tell captivating stories about his life in the army.

" So, whats this I hear about a baby?" Isaiah said redirecting the conversation to me. Damn it. I was hoping we could hold the subject off for a little longer. All eyes looked to me as it saying 'Go on, enlighten him'.

" Isaiah," I fiddled with m fingers, something i found myself doing a lot lately. " I'm- We, Luke and I are gonna have a baby." I looked up to Luke who held my waist tightly, squeezing it briefly confirming he was on my side. 

Isaiah's eyes widened. He sucked in his cheeks then blinked rapidly. 

" Woah. . thats a lot to take in. Give me a minute." He turned around to face the door then turned back around, coming towards me and ruffling my hair. I realized myself from Luke's grip only to be pulled into another hug. 

" Thats great, Tea." 

" I thought you would be mad, like everyone else." I said that a little louder then I intended to. Guilty looks crossed everyone's faces.