Chapter I

The resilient urge to throw up woke me once again, and if my memory serves, that's really all I've been doing lately. Puking, that is.

Hastily, I sprinted to the bathroom as fast as my drowsy self could carry me. I barely made it onto my knees before I emptied my stomach into the toilet I felt like a glass doll as I lay on the cool tiled floor, calming myself with deep and assuring breaths.

I might have to get this checked out soon. Seventeen year-old girls shouldn't be puking every morning for two freaking weeks straight.

"Are you throwing up again Teagan?" I didn't even waste a glance to know that it was my twin sister, Reagan. Her voice was composed, but her tone was iced with worry, and I knew that she knew this wasn't a normal thing too.

I was too irritated to answer her. Worried or not, what did it look like I was doing? Playing in the toilet?

And there it goes again. Though this time, the desire to throw up is much stronger, and I'd have missed the pot if it wasn't so close to me. I quickly sat up in time for the vomiting to begin again. I felt my sister's hand holding my hair out of my face, her fingers rested tenderly on my side temple.

At least I have my sister to look after me.

-

"Hey Sis?" She asked, pausing in hesitation. "I don't think this is normal. All this puking and stomach pains, anyways..." Regan worded cautiously from across the breakfast table.

"I'm sure it's just a bug or something. And anyways, the stomach pains are most likely just cramps." I replied, waving her worries off.

"Cramps don't last over a month, Teagan."

"Then it has to be some kind of food poisoning..."

"That doesn't last a month either."

"I know, I know." I grumbled, suddenly very crabby. "I'll drive for today. We're gonna be late for school."

"Alright," she mumbled back, "but we're picking up some pregnancy tests on the way back home." She decided, as she stood up and retrieved her jacket from the various coatracks decorating the walls.

Pregnancy tests? What for? There's no way I'm pregnant! I can't be...I mean, Luke and I haven't done anything in months...

"Why would I need a pregnancy test? I'm not pregnant, Reagan." I said, voicing my thoughts.

"Well, it's better safe than sorry, right?" She said, turning to me with a grin. "You should take one, just in case."

"Alright." I sighed, taking a deep breath in. "I will."

Sliding her shoes on, my sister waited patiently in the doorway for me to get my own jacket and shoes on. I really wish I didn't have to go to school...But what can I say, I'm only seventeen. I have to focus on my future and get into a good college.

Heh. Yeah right.

-

School went by fast, but I was hardly concerned. All I could think about was the possibility of being pregnant. What if the tests came back positive? I'm too young! I won't be able to do it all on my own! School's enough as it is, but a baby?

"Babe, what's wrong? You've been distracted all day." My boyfriend and of course, my best friend, lured me out of my thoughts with his light southern accent, and asked the same question for the thousandth time today.

Knowing he was the only person who could comfort me, I looped my arms around his neck tightly. Instinctively, he returned the embrace hesitantly, and I could almost smell the confusion through his deodorant and shampoo.