Prologue

"Do you see him yet, Teagan?" my sister asked me.

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p' loudly. She sighed in reply.

My twin, Reagan and I had been staring out the window for what seemed like hours to our five-year-old bodies. We had been waiting for our best friend. His name was Lucas, and he was supposed to arrive this morning...

With both our hands and noses pressed to the window pane, we patiently waited for the small black car to pull into our driveway.

Eventually, a nap was desperately needed; the two of us fell asleep reluctantly. We didn't want to miss that black car.

-

I scrunched up my nose in distaste. Something kept touching my face, and I didn't like it!

"Wake up, girlies!" a voice attempted to whisper. The poking of my face continued until my eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Hey Tea! Look, I'm here!" an over-excited six year old boy exclaimed to me. His dimples were showing as he smiled a toothy grin.

"Whoa!" I squealed, waking up my sister. I apologized, only glancing at her for a moment before turning back to Lucas.

"Reagan! Look! Lukey lost a tooth!" I squealed again. My sister's eyes opened wide as she sat up, looking for herself.

"Sissy, you're right!! He did!" She cried happily, her eyes wide with excitement.

"Mhmm!" he nodded proudly, confirming our assumptions. "I did lose a tooth! See? Right here," Lucas opened his mouth wide, and pointed with his index finger to the spot where his tooth was obviously missing.

We immediately bombarded him with questions.

"Did the tooth fairy come?"

"Was she wearing a pretty dress?"

"Did you get any money?"

"Are you rich now?

"Are you going to go bald?" I asked, and felt slightly regretful about it after the two of them just stared at me.

"No Tea, I'm not going bald," Lucas said in a 'duh' tone.

"Good, 'cause I really like your hair, Lukey!" I announced, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Me too!" my sister nodded, while kissing him on his other cheek.

"You're not the only girls who like my hair," he paused, before counting slightly on his fingers, "or even my missing teeth! I don't get it! Ever since my stupid tooth has been gone, Lydia from school has been all over me!" he exclaimed. "I mean, I know I'm cute and all," he paused again, but to smile widely this time, "but COME ON! I'm only six, you know! I need to have some space for some other babes!"

"Agreed!" my sister and I said simultaneously.

"Now, let's go ladies! The pool awaits!" he sang out, slinging an arm around both of us and leading us through the kitchen and out the back door.

"Hi mommy, hi Mimi," I said hastily to my mother, Carrie and Lucas' mother, Mindy. Having Mimi around was like having my mommy around. Mimi makes me feel safer, 'cause I've known her since I was a baby.

Reagan waved to them too before we took a step into the blazing South Carolina sun.

"Aww, no!" Reagan complained. "Look, Caleb and Ryan already took up the pool!" she said, pointing to two of my older brothers.

"Aww man!" I said, completely agreeing with her. "Now they're gonna swim all rough and we won't be able to relax! Lukey, what should we do?" I asked, disappointed, but hope in my eyes as I waited for Lucas to reply.

Ryan was ten, and Caleb was following behind with eight years old. They were the most hyper out of Reagan and my siblings. They could never calm down!

"I don't know gals; this seems like a job for Woody," he said, making his country accent thicker than it already was. I giggled because he sounded like a real cowboy to me.

"I call being Jessie!" Reagan squealed.

"But I wanted to be Jessie, Reagan!" I whined with a pout.

"Don't be a baby, Teagan. I said it first, so I get to be her!" she argued, crossing her arms.

"Well, then who am I gonna be?" I asked, looking back and forth between the two of them.

"You can be...Barbie! Yeah, you get to be the beautiful Barbie!" he announced in a mocking voice while doing a silly ballerina dance. My sister and I laughed at him.

This was why he was our best friend. He always managed to make a bad situation into a good one.

"Guys, focus!" I said with a commanding tone. "We need to get those bad batatoes-"

"Potatoes," Lucas corrected.

"We need to get those bad potatoes out of our pool!" I said, remembering why we were choosing characters in the first place.

"Right! Those potatoes are going down!" Reagan-err, Jessie exclaimed with a sneaky look on her face,

"ATTACK!" Luke/Woody screamed.

Then, before we knew it, we were splashing wildly in the pool.

That was one of the faintest memories I had of Lucas, Reagan, and I when we were little. After that, life started progressing faster than I thought it would. Each year, we all turned another year older; taking more risks than we should've. It still amazes me how we've stayed together throughout all of these years.

Things got even better when Lucas and I started dating last year. He's a year older than me, making him a senior. Which, by the way, I am definitely using as an advantage. He can get Reagan and I into senior parties. Finally.

This year will be memorable. I will remember my junior year forever. 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Taa-daa prolouge es finito. Bad spanish? Yes. Bad Prolouge? You decide :)

If you liked this chapter let me know by commenting or voting or liking, whatever you lovelies do!

Also this chapter was edited by the lovely @Nozomu She's great so show her some love :)

One last thing, I have a friend who is an AMAZING writer. You may know her, may not but she is @VVJohans. Her book Model In Disguise was deleted and has recently been reuploaded. Its a great book so check it out!! I will leave a link in the comments below ↓

Love you all : *