Prologue

To say that I needed help would be an understatement. I needed to be saved from my own worst enemy…myself. You see I grew up in a very lavish lifestyle. I went shopping every day, I drove the most expensive cars, and I dated the hottest guys my school had to offer. But that wasn’t enough for me. I wanted more.

            “You can’t do this to me!” I screamed at my mom who had her head cradled in her hands leaning on the kitchen table. “You can’t send me to live with him and his home-wrecking, whore of a wife!”

            “Camille please, this is to help you.”

            I scoffed. “Please! You’re just giving up on me, your own daughter. Some mother you are.” I hissed.

            “I haven’t given up on you honey.”

            “Oh my bad, this is just so you can keep your precious little boyfriend. Well you know what?! Screw you and him.” I stormed up the stairs and to my room. As soon as my hand got a grip on the door knob I slammed the door with a loud bang. I grabbed the suitcase underneath my bed, tossed it on the bed, and threw all of my clothes haphazardly into it.

            Hours later I was driven to the airport where I jumped on a plane to Pennsylvania. I was going to stay with my dad and his new wife Tanya on their horse farm. It was there that I fell in love for the first time. Not with a boy, no, but with a horse.

            You know the saying, “To see a horse is to see an angel on earth?” Well, that’s exactly what Romance was to me. She was my escape, my life saver, my best friend, and my salvation. She saved me in more ways than one. She taught me how to love and how to listen. She taught me how to forgive.

My name is Camille Arabella Phillips and this is my story.