Chapter 11

Alison slept peacefully against the warm buff chest of her mate, his scent overwhelming her, her skin tingling in pleasure. Dominic's chest moved up and down as he breathed evenly, still fast asleep. Alison silently pushed the blankets away from her body, sitting upright and swinging her legs over the side; her toes wiggling in the plush carpet. Alison looked around the room taking in her surroundings; the room was large, the walls a dark brown and the floor covered in a lighter brown carpet, high ceilings gave way to large windows that were covered with long thick black curtains. The bed was centred in the middle of the room with two beside tables next to each side of the matching bed, two lamps on each table. A large book-self that covered one side of the room made Alison squeal in delight. She glanced over her mate's collection coming to the conclusion that he had wonderful taste in books. A large walk-in wardrobe was almost next to the books, it was filled with Dominic's clothes his scent emitting from the fabrics. One side of the wardrobe was left empty for her clothes.

When she was finished exploring the inside of the wardrobe she came out finding Dominic still fast sleep his arm encircling a pillow that was acting as a substitute to her. Alison smiled and walked across the room to where a small chest lay. It was a dark mahogany chest that looked over one hundred years old; curious Alison un-latched the locks quietly and peered inside. Large tombs filled half of the chest while the other was filled with pictures. Pictures of a stunning girl, with a fare complexion, beautiful green eyes and blonde shiny hair she stood tall next to a younger version of Dominic both displayed wide smiles arms joined, looking closely Alison could decipher that Dominic and this girl shared similar looks; their smiles were identical and their eyes were shaped the same way. Alison was looking at a picture of her mate's sister.

The shuffling of blankets alerted her that Dominic had awakened, she turned towards him a smile on her face which dropped when she saw the look on his face; his eyes gleamed with sadness, his jaw tight in anger "My sister..." his voice broke suddenly. Alison looked at him confused "she is very pretty." Her voice was soft and quiet, "she was.'" Dominic threw the blankets off of his lean form, stretching his arms behind his head, Alison bit her lip before asking the next question "What do you mean, was?" Dominic did not look up, merely kept his eye trained on the floor "About five years ago, when my pack was still very small, a rouge group passed the territory lines and attacked the pack house," he breathed deeply "My father died protecting my mother and my sister was kidnapped by their leader." He finished, his fists were clenched at his side "from that day, I vowed that it would never happen again, so I raised my pack from the bottom to the very top." Alison shuddered lightly; everyone knew how Dominic brought his pack from the top. He challenged corrupt Alphas, defeating them and taking their lands, his enforcers became the best defeating anyone who challenged their alpha with a deadly force; soon after reaching the top, rogues began challenging him, they were wiped out before they could think of retreating.

Alison's chest tightened in grief for her mates loss; she stood and quickly moved towards him bringing his head to her chest in comfort; silent sobs wreaked his body, pulling her closer he let the grief he had held in his body for five years out and Alison let him.

...

Picture of Dominic's Sister above