Chapter 10

Alison sat quietly on her brown carpeted floor staring at her blank room; all her things had being packed away into cardboard boxes and transported to the Midnight Bane pack lands two days ago. As she sat on the floor memories of her childhood swept through her, all the times her and Kayla had had sleep overs, and gossiped about school and celebrities, and how they talked about the possibility of meeting their mates oh so long ago. Alison reminisced happily unaware to Dominic who leaned against the doorway happily gazing at his mate. Dominic still couldn't believe he had finally found her, found her when he wasn't even looking for her. After bringing his pack to the top, and becoming the strongest Alpha in the world he longed for his mate. He searched for half a decade only to find her when he had stopped looking.

Alison's skin prickled, goose-bumps appearing along her arms and legs alerting Alison to the fact that she was been watched. She turned her head to the door her eyes landing on her mate who leaned against the door frame. His face a mask of indifference; when he saw her however his dark eyes lightened and a small smile appeared on his lips lighting up his whole face. "Ready?" he asked softly. Alison nodded, getting to her feet and picking up her handbag that sat at her feet. Dominic and Alison walked down the stairs of the pack house hand, in hand, and out the door where members of The Midnight Bane pack were getting into the cars that awaited them. Her Mother, Father and the rest of her family and close friends awaited them; to say their farewells.

Her Brother pulled her into his arms, giving her a big bear hug, and making her promise to come and visit. Her mother sobbed as she hugged her only daughter, and her father a man she had never seen shed a tear, had tears running down his cheeks as he farewelled his daughter.

Alison looked down after feeling her dress skirt being tugged, to she sees Little Luke, standing there with tears shining in his brown eyes. Tears spring to her eyes as he begins to speak, his voice small and scared "Why do you have to leave?" Luke asked, tears falling down his cheeks.

Alison smiled sadly at him "My darling, Luke. I must go I have to be with my mate-" she crouched down to his height looking him in the eyes "You'll understand one day when you find your mate." He nodded his head throwing his small arms around her neck "I Love you Ali, please don't forget me" by now he was sobbing in her arms tears falling down her cheeks "D-" she is cut off by Dominic's husky voice "Do not worry I'll make sure she will not, that I promise you Luke." Dominic promised from beside her "I'll come and visit" Alison says standing up. Little Luke held on to her leg tightly begging her not to go. His mother had to physically pull him off of Alison, who cried openly. Stepping back, Dominic stood by idly as good-byes exchanged; his face was a cold mask of indifference, even though on the inside his heart ached, seeing his mate saddened by having to leave.

"Ready?" Dominic asks, pulling her to his side, Alison nodded. Dominic opens the door to the passenger seat for her and she climbs in, opening the window when she is seated. Dominic then climbs into the car then, putting the key into the ignition starting it up. She looks around at her old pack members and smiles sadly. They wait patiently as Kayla and Theodore say their goodbyes, then hurries into the back seats of the car. Kayla's cheeks are stained with tears, her head tucked into her mates shoulder sobbing sadly; Theodores face is pulled into a mask of pain as his mate cries.

Dominic puts the car into gear and drives away, the faces of her pack fading away as they drove down the drive way and towards her new life.

...

Alison sleeps peacefully in the passenger seat, her head resting against the window. The car comes to a stop yet Alison does not wake. Dominic opens her door quietly and picks her up gently, trying his best not to wake her. Her head is tucked into his neck breathing in his scent happily.

The door to his pack house opens showing his mother, who beamed up at him happily "is this her?" she asked softly, her voice low as if not to wake the girl her son held. Dominic nodded his head looking down at the beautiful girl he held a small smile on his lips. His mother smiled before sending her son to bed with his mate so they could get the rest they needed most.

...