A Vampire's Ballerina-5

• Dedicated to My wonderful fans, thank you!!!

"You still don't trust me do you?" He asked.

Did she trust him? Gretta knew she shouldn't. But, she still felt herself waver over what answer to give.

Ewan dreaded her answer, knowing it would most likely be 'yes'. It hurt. It hurt to think someone he cared for so dearly, whom he would never hurt, would think he was untrustworthy.  The human part him, the one Gretta had reawakened in him, understood her apprehension. He remembered how frightened he was of the man that made him what he was today. Caizer Stafweld was a cruel vampire lord, who only took Ewan's humanity to become a servant in his household, nothing more. That wasn't what he wanted to her, not his sweet ballerina.

'She needn't fear me.' Thought Ewan with conviction, determined to be a better vampire than Caizer.

"I don't know." She answered meekly, her eyes welling up with tears.

It was the truth, he could tell, her face was so morosely conflicted. And it was all his fault.

'What have I done?" He asked himself.

"I'm sorry." Ewan whispered so low, Gretta barely heard it.

Gretta's ears perked. "Why?" The question lingered in the air.

As he looked her in the eyes she saw pain, and alot of it. "For everything. I shouldn't have taken you against your will. I should have just let you live your life, without me."

If it wasn't for the tortured animal voice, Gretta would have sworn this was some pathetic tactic to gain her sympathies, but something inside told her his word were genuine. And that made her speechless, which Ewan mistook for another emotion.

And that was when he said the magic words. "Come on, Gretta, I'll take back home."

Home!!!

*******

Ten hours later, she was still squirming around in her seat on Flight 182 bound for her hometown, Praireville, Georgia. (Made-up name, FYI)

Ewan stole a glace every now and then, he booked a seat next to hers, but made sure she had a window seat, he knew how much she liked to see the word around her. His feeling at the moment were bittersweet, he supposed. Letting her go would make her happy, he should feel happy because she was, right? But he didn't, he felt like someone was ripping his most favorite and precious part of himself away, and it was never coming back.