Chapter 4

The next morning I woke up looking like hell.

I didn't get much sleep last night because today is the day I meet the idiot my father chose for me.

After taking a shower I went into my closet picking out any old outfit not caring what I look like.

Unfortunately today is Sunday meaning no school

Unfortunately today is Sunday meaning no school. Which also means I can't escape. I slowly made my way downstairs and headed for the kitchen not making eye contact with anyone.

I wish my sister was here, but she's at Tank's house she always sleeps over there on the weekends. Hopefully Aunt Lia spoke to her after I told her what happened yesterday.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I heard voices say from the entry I turned around to see two angry women my sister and my aunt with Tank trailing behind them. They angrily walked up to my father cornering him from each side.

"HOW DARE YOU MAKE HER GET MARRIED TO A COMPLETE STRANGER!" Aunt Lia yelled at him

"HOW DARE YOU THREATEN HER EDUCATION!" Summer said

"HOW DARE YOU-" they said in unison getting cut off.

"SHUT UP!" My father yelled cutting them off.

"I did it for a good reason!" He said.

"Hmph what reason is that old man?" I questioned him

"That reason right there." he said pointing out my attitude

"I have every right to be like this." I said rolling my eyes

"What happened to you? You use to smile and laugh so much I thought your face would permanently be stuck like that." He said reminiscing on the past before my mother passed away.

"Well I had a lot to smile about back then my mother was alive and we were a family" I said brashly.

"Are you saying we're not a family anymore." He asked.

"That's exactly what I'm saying." I said looking him right in the eye.

"Daddy can you tell me why you've arranged a marriage for her?" Summer asked.

"I can't do this anymore autumn. I'm tired of trying. I was going to send you to the military,but it was Diana who suggested you get married to a person of my choice. She also suggested we go to therapy. So I went with her idea and if he can't melt the ice around that cold heart of yours I don't know what will." he said walking away I just stood there speechless with nothing smart to say.

Almost like someone stopped me from saying anything. Instead I went into my room, locked the door, and let all of my anger out.

"Autumn" I heard Summer say from the other side of the door.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"May I come in?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said walking to my door to unlock it. She came in followed by my aunt Lia and Tank. They sat on my bed ushering me to come sit with them.