1. The first letter

" If you won't hurry up Anu ma'm will forget your letter again " Shelly whispered in my ears while still working on her own letter .

" Hyphooshrite you are " I say while rolling my eyes as she closes the envelope neatly placing it on the desk.

" It's Hypocrite " She stated nonchalantly .

" Yeahhh whaatheever lishy . You know I have shore throath ." You I sneered . She nudged her elbow in my rib cage playfully .

" Anudhya , Shelly if you both don't stop talking and hand me your letters you won't be marked for this activity " Our teacher shouted at the top of her lungs with her nasal voice which made me wince . I gave a last look at my letter written in my very messy handwriting . 'Yep I won't get a reply 'I thought and handed over my letter which was placed in the same bunch as other letters from my classmates was put in.

It all started with a school project . Our school came up with this interesting project this year that we will be writing an anonymous letter with a fake name to a nobody or may be somebody every week which will be exchanged very secretively with an anonymous school but with same year kids as I was . It was proposed in the interest of promoting writing than texting according to our principal . It was yet another pathetic attempt by our stone age principal to disprove the existence of science and technology . Lets save Earth by wasting paper on stupid school projects .

But why was I getting a letter now ? I was terrified more than curious . After all these years, WHY NOW ? . It was the question that echoing in every corner of my mind so I did what I did best . I placed the familiar envelope on in the last drawer of my desk and pulled out the box instead .

The old box that had all the letters imperfectly reserved . All the emotions exchanged were locked in that square piece of wood. My mind was convincing me to leave it be but my heart wanted to open it . WHY? I don't know . there was no answer to this question . I opened the box hesitantly . The smell paper and old ink hit my nose overwhelming with long buried emotions.A nagging pain in chest started but It was too late . I absentmindedly scattered all the letters on my desk and started searching for the very first one . It was as if my hands had grown their own mind as they were brushing the letters gently searching for it.

And there it was the envelope dated First February 2010 . Opening the letter very carefully I scanned his neat cursive handwriting .

Dear reader ,

Hello , I am a 15 year old boy studying in ninth grade but you would have already figured that out . I don't know what to write. I don't know you and that is a good thing because I am socially disabled teenager . But I hope that you will reply or not . Who cares . It's not that I was going to top my class anyway with an A in this project . So good bye, namaste and salaam .

Yours Mad Hatter

A/N

Here it is th very first chapter of my justwriteit challenge . I can't promise to complete it in 30 days but I will try my best .

Feel free to vote , share and comment. As always feel free to ask questions . I will try my best to answer each one of them.

With love

from

tzoned..........;)