chapter 1~the mini cab office

HI GUYS MY NAME IS KAYLEIGH THIS IS MY THIRD STORY , MY FIRST STORY IS A FAIL BUT MY SECOND ONE IS GOOD ITS CALLED "MY STALKER AND KILLER" YEAH KINDA WEIRD BUT I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THIS STORY ITS GOT ALOT OF MYSTERY AND SECRECTS HIDDEN IN ALMOST EVERY CHAPTER . I WILL BE SETTING GOALS FOR EVERY CHAPTER SO IF I DONT GET ENOUGH IM AFRAID I WILL HAVE TO STOP WRITING THIS STORY BECAUSE IM TIGHT ON TIME SO THERE IS NO POINT IN WASTING TIME..

MY GOAL FOR THIS CHAPTER WILL BE 15 READS AND 5 VOTES.

SO HERE WE GO I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT.

CHAPTER 1

The mini cab office was up a cobbled mews with little flat houses either side.That's when i first met violet park, what was left of her.There was a healing centre next door- a pretty smart name for a place with a battered brown door and no proper door handle and stuck on one numbers in shape of clowns.The three of number 13 was a w stuck on sideways and I thought it was kind of sad and I liked it at the same time.

I never normally take cabs but it was 5 o'clock in the morning and I was so tired to walk it anywhere and I just found a tenner in my coat pocket. I went in for a lift home and strolled right into the weirdest encounter of my life.

It turns out the 10 pounds wasnt mine at all.My sister mercy have borrowed my coat tonight before- without asking- even though boys clothes dont suit her and it was at least 2 sizes too big. she was livid with me about the money. I said maybe she should consider it rent and wouldnt the world be a better place if people stop taking things that didnt belong to them.

It's funny when you start thinking about pivotal moments like this in your life, chance happening that end up meaning everything. sometimes,when I'm deciding which route to take to,say,cinema I'm camden, I get this feeling like maybe if i choose the wrong route ,bad stuff will happen to me in a place I never had to go if only I chosen wisely.This sort of thinking can make decisions really really difficult because I'm always wondering what happens to all the choices we decide not to make.Like mum says,as soon as she married dad she realised shed done the wrong thing and as she was walking down the aisle,she could practically see her single self through the arch of the church door,out in the sunlight, dancing around without a care in the world, and she could have spat. I like to picture mum hanging on to dads arm thinking about gobbing on the church carpet. it always makes me smile.

Whatever,mercy decided to borrow my coat and she forgot to decide to remove the money and I decided to spend the whole night with my friend ed in his posh mum's house ( miss denmark 1979 with elocution lessons) and then I made a choice to take a cab. It was dark in the mews, blue-black with a sheen of orange from the street lamps on the high street, almost dawn and sort of timeless.My shoes made such a ringing noise on the cobbles I started to imagine I was back in time, in some victorian red light district.

When I stepped into the minicab office it was modern and pretty ugly. 1 of the 3 strips of light on the ceiling was blinking on and off, but the other 2 were working perfectly and the over brightness hurt my eyes and everyone look sort of grey and pouchy and ill. There where no other punters, just bored sleepy drivers,waiting for the next fare, chain smoking or reading 3 day old newspapers. There was a framed map of cyprus on one wall and one of those gas fires that they reckon they are portable with a great big bottle you have to fit in the back.We had one like that in the hostel when. we went on a school journey to breacon beacons last year.

Those things are not portable.

The controller was in this little booth up a few stairs with a window looking down on the rest of them and you could tell he was the boss of the place as well.

He had a cigar in his mouth and he was talking and the smoke was going in his eyes so he had to squint, and the cigar was bouncing up and down as he talked and you could see he thought he was Tony soprano or someone.

Everybody looked straight at me when I walked in because I was the something happening in the boring night shift and suddenly I felt light headed and my insides where going hot and cold hot and cold. I'm pretty tall for my age but them all staring up at me from their chairs made me feel like some kind of weird giant.The only person person not staring at me was tony saprano so I kind of focused on him and I smiled so they'd all see I was friendly and hadnt come in for trouble.

He was chomping on that cigar,working it around with his teeth and puffing away on it so hard his little booth was filling up with cigar smoke.

I thought that if I stood there long enough he might disappear from view like an accidental magic trick.

The smoke forced its wat through the cracks and joins of his mezzanine control tower and it was making me queasy so I searched around,still smiling,for something else to look at.

Thats when I first saw violet.I say "violet" but thats stretching it because I didnt even know her name then and what I acctually saw was an urn with her inside it .

The urn was the only thing is that place worth looking at. maybe it was because I've been up all night, maybe I needed to latch on to something in there to stop myself from passing out, I don't know, I found an urn.Halfway up a wood panelled wall, log cabin style, there was a shelf with a magazine on and a cup and saucer, the sort you find a church halls and hospitals. next to them was this urn and that at the time I didn't realise was an urn, just some kind of trophy or full of biscuits or something.It was wooden,grainy and with a rich gloss that caught the light and threw it back to me.I was staring at it, tryin to figure out what it was excactly.I didnt notice that anyone was talking to me until i got the smell of cigar really strongly and realised the fat controller had opened his door because banging on his window hadnt gotten my attention."you havent come for her have you?"he asked and i didnt get itbut everyone else did because they all started laughing at once.Then i laughed too because them all laughing was funny and I said "WHO?".The cigar bobbed down towarsd his chin with each syllable and he nodded towards the shelf."The old lady in the box".

I didnt stop laughing,but really i cant remember if it was funny or not.I shook my head and because i didnt know what else to say I said "NO"." I need a cab to Queens Cresent please,"and a driver called Alli got up and i followed him out to his car.I sat in the cream leather seat and waited for about fifteen minutes of silence,until we arrived at my large wooden door.