Chapter seven: In the Flesh

Harrison sits quietly on the living room sofa; his bed for the past four years. He watches his daughter as she is crouched on all fours. The little girl is mimicking the cat, which is only two feet from her face. The cat hisses and growls while its back is arched and its hackles are raised. The little girl stares down the devil cat. She knows no fear.

"HEEEEE" the little girl bares her teeth, hissing back. She lunges forward.

The vicious feline has had a life much like the little girl herself. It has received no love or affection. Life in the Kringe household has taken its toll on the weak mind of the cat.

Harrison has named the cat Tabby, in part because of the type of cat she is, but mostly because he didn't feel like thinking of anything more creative.

The cat bats with its sharp claws, snagging the girl's skin. She quickly retracts her bloody hand, and licks her wound. She has become accustomed to the bitter flavor. She has grown to like the taste of her own blood, it excites her.

This is the usual outcome of playtime with Tabby. The pain is familiar but the little girl is used to it now. Both her hands and arms are badly scarred. She thinks the scars make her pretty...at least, that's what the man has told her.

Harrison scolds her from across the room. "You need to be faster. You'll never catch Tabby like that."

Harrison makes kissing noises and calls for Tabby. The cat is reluctant but she is curious so she approaches cautiously. Harrison lures the cat closer, "Here kitty kitty...here Tabby."

Tabby risks getting closer while all her senses are actively at work scanning the man for hints of danger. Harrison pats his thigh softly and Tabby inches even closer. The little girl is studying every move Harrison makes. Harrison holds his hand out so the cat can smell it. 'Sniff-sniff', it seems safe.

Suddenly, with cat-like speed, Harrison grabs Tabby by the scruff and picks her up. He looks to his daughter, "You must earn the animals trust. Wait patiently for the right moment, and then attack." The four year old nods to the man, she understands.

Tabby is frozen with fear, her claws protracted and ready. A low growl vibrates within the cat's throat. Harrison continues to teach his daughter, holding Tabby tightly. "Humans are no different than animals. In order to effectively incapacitate your enemy, you must get within reach. To do so, you need their trust."

Harrison throws Tabby to the floor, and the cat bolts down the hallway into a room. He snaps at the little girl, "Now go get her!"

She stands, turns, and begins her hunt. Harrison sits back, smiling at his handy work. He is happy with her development so far. At just four years old, she is able to follow his directions without any trouble at all.

Having been trained and taught since birth, the little girl is very knowledgeable of the anatomy of humans, as well as animals. She knows the names and locations of nearly every bone, muscle, and organ. She also knows that when the neck is broken, paralysis or spinal shock may occur and leave the victim at her mercy, if not dead.

The little girl returns from down the hallway, dragging the lifeless body of Tabby by the tail. She picks the cat carcass up and drops it on the coffee table like a sacrificial offering. The cats head sits at an unusual angle; Tabby's neck is obviously broken.

The girl looks to Harrison, "Tabby's dead." She has an emotionless look on her face. Tabby's murder seems to have no effect on her.

Harrison looks and sees the wonderful sight. He stands, smiling. How proud he is of his little girl. Finally, her first kill. Harrison has been wanting to teach her how to handle a knife for some time now. This is the perfect opportunity to do so.