Chapter 11

My alarm clock goes off at 8 am. Wuhh, I’m so tired from yesterday. Why is school so far from home? I hit the snooze button. A few minutes of sleep wouldn’t hurt. Suddenly, I felt something poking my cheek. I was too lazy to open my eyes so I ignored it at first, thinking it would go away. It didn’t. “Ugh, just let me sleep~” I whined. I heard a soft chuckle and it poked me again. This time, I grabbed the pillow that was under my head and started hitting whatever it was that was poking me with my eyes closed.

“Yah! I’m just trying to wake you up, you don’t have to hit me”

Hey~ that voice belonged to someone familiar. Could it be..nah. I opened my eyes just to make sure. I found Minho sitting on a chair next to my bed. Oh God.

“Minho? Minho. Minho! What the hell are you doing here?”

“Well good morning to you too. Hmph.” Minho said smugly and crossed his arms.

I sat up on my bed. “Uhh, sorry. I didn’t expect you to be the first person I’d see in the morning…” A bunch of things came into mind. Did he break in? Who knows what this guy could do? Who knows what he would be thinking right now as he stared at my body.  Perv. Aish, Mieun, stop assuming so much.

“Relax, I’m not gonna rape you.  You’re not my type and your dad would kill me. I just admire your panda pajamas. I’m a big fan of those little guys, you know? Oh, and speaking of your dad, that’s why I’m here.” He reached for something in his back pocket and handed me an envelope. I gently took it from his hand.

“What is this?” I asked

“It’s a letter from your mom. She told me to give it to you as soon as you woke up. Before you read it, I’ll have you know that your dad gave me they keys to your house.” He started to walk towards the door. Before he closed it he poked his head behind the door. “Oh, when you’re done reading, just change and come downstairs, okay?”

I nodded. I’ve only known Minho for a few days and he’s telling me what to do already? It was probably one of my dad’s orders. I opened my dad’s letter. This is what it read:

“Good Morning, princess! If you’re reading this then you’re probably awake. Your dad and I aren’t home, there was a family emergency that came up. We didn’t want to wake you up from your deep sleep. You were snoring~ Please don’t get mad. Your dad told Minho to look after you this whole week. It’s not like we don’t trust you, we just wanted you to have company. Don’t be scared of Minho, he’s a nice kid! He won’t jump you because he knows what you dad would do if he did. Anyways, he will be staying in the guest room. We left a chore list behind. YAY! He will help you with it. Have fun with Onew tonight! I know you guys have a date. I’ve said enough, we love you to death! Bye!

-Mom & Dad but mostly from Mom”

Oh my God that last part. My parents are so…cool! To me at least~

Getting out of bed, I slipped into my slippers and walked to the bathroom. I did my daily routine. Brush, comb, and wash up.” Afterwards, I picked out a red plaid shirt, black jeans, a black jacket and black shoes. I guess you would say that I really love black.  I stuffed my small purse with a pack of gum, tissue, my wallet, and my phone and headed downstairs. I set down my shoes in the living room.

“Minho?”

“I’m here!” he called from the kitchen. When I walked in he was topping off 2 bowls of soup with green onions. Oh, he was wearing my favorite apron as well. How cute~ I walked over to the fridge to grab two bottles of water and sat down on the table. Minho came and set down the bowls. One for him and one for me. He handed me a spoon.

“Enjoy.” He started to eat his soup.

“You made this?”

“Yup” He said opening his water bottle

“I didn’t know you could cook”

“Me neither”

I have him a confused look and tasted his soup. It was miso soup and it tasted pretty good.

When we were finished, we both stood up and put the bowls in the sink.

“So how are the guys?”  I asked

“They’re good. Taemin misses you. Jonghyun’s…kind of mad at you?

“What? Why?!”

“Cause you’re gonna go on a date with Onew. And yeah.”

“Oh, how interesting.”

“Very.”

“So where exactly are we going today?”

“The market. And I need to buy something at the mall.”

“Okay…”

Does Minho like shopping or something? If he does, it really doesn’t show.

“So, I heard about you and Onew’s “date”. He winked at me.

“You know about that?”

“I know about everything.”

“Creeper” I said under my breath.

“I heard that.”

Ugh, whatever.

We went to the living room to put our shoes on, got into his car and drove to the market.