Chapter 6

The past few days were dedicated to unpacking and helping Mom and Dad around the house. We  bought some groceries to make homemade Korean food. Oh, It's been a while. I couldn't help but feel a bit homesick...Mom had already found some other ahjummas to talk to which makes me happy! That night, at the dinner table Dad spoke to me.

"Mieun, can you wake up at 7:30 tomorrow?"

"Why, Appa?"

"I want you to meet the people I work with, and you'll be working for me"

"Umm sure" I gave him a strange look. He just smiled.

I left the dinner table with my Dad and Mom exchanging glances. 

Ugh, my parents are so...weird. I love them so much~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to this song blasting out of my alarm clock.

"ireoke nan tto (fiction in fiction)

itji motago (fiction in fiction)

nae gaseum soge kkeutnaji anheul iyagil sseugo isseo

neol butjabeulge (fiction in fiction)

nochi anheulge (fiction in fiction in fiction)

kkeutnaji anheun neowa naui iyagi sogeseo oneuldo in fiction"

I perposely put that song as my alarm. I hit the snooze button. 7 am? Oh yeah, I always wake up 30 minutes early~ I looked outside of my window. It was strange because the sun wasn't up. Aww, it was snowing. I stetched a little, did my bed, and took a short hot shower. I headed to closet to pick out jeans, a long-sleeve top, a gray hoodie, boots that go up to my knee and toppd it off with a scarf. I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my hair a little. When I was done, I got my cell phone and ipod and headed downstairs. 

"Good morning, my daughter!" My dad glanced up from his newspaper. He was already at the table.

"Good morning Dad, Mom" I gave them both a smile.

I sat down across the table from dad. My mom came over with my plate of eggs, bacon, and pancakes! 

"I sensed that you were homesick and cooked you an american meal."

I glanced up to my mom. 

"Kamsamida, Umma!" 

She kissed my forehead and sat in the living room, finishing her word seach.

I dug in to the food. We've been having Korean food every day since we got here. It was very new to my taste buds. I've never been to Korea. I've learned the language, writing, and history by heart but I am a foreigner in my own country.

I got up from the table washed my plate, got a cup from the dishwasher and poured some orange juice. I put the carton back into the fridge and drank my beverage.

"Are you ready, Mieun?" My dad said setting his newspaper down.

I put the cup in the sink and spashed some water on it.

"Ne, Appa"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dad started the car and headed to work. It took approximately 15 minutes to get there. I noticed that the building wasn't very tall. When he parked the car, we headed inside. Dad opened the door for me. Two girls probably in their mid-20s working at the front desk bowed and greeted my dad.

"Anneyong Hasayo Mr. Choi"

"Good morning! This is my daughter, Mieun" he said confidantly.

"Anneyong Hasayo!" The two ladies bowed to me. I bowed back.

"We'll be heading upstairs, are all of them upstairs?" My dad asked one of the ladies.

She walked up to him and whispered something in his ear. Dad nodded. 

"Araso, thank you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Believe it or not, this place has an elevator. 3 Floors but I've heard there were a bunch of rooms. We got to the 2nd floor, and we went inside the first recording studio to the right. It was TVXQ. HoMin, I'd say. Oh My Gosh. Dad introduced me to Changmin and Yunho. Yunho walked up to me and shook my hand. "Welcome to the SM family, Mieun!" I smiled

"Kamsamida..."

"You an call us oppa!" Changmin said

"Ne, oppa" I was blushing.

"Omo, well, we'll let you guys go back to work. I'll check up on you guys later!"

"Anneyong!" The two waved.

We were supposed to head towards the dance studio but I stopped. 

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"Why didn't you tell me you work at SME???"

"I wanted it to be a surprise! For you! I know how much you love these people!"

I sensed sincerity in his voice.

"Okay..Thanks, I guess."

He kissed my forehead, "Anything for my princess~"

The dance studio contained 5 dancing boys. The tallest one saw us walk through the mirror and paused the music. All of them turned to face my father. 

"Anneyong Hasayo, Mr. Choi~"

"Hey guys, I'd like you to meet my daughter, Mieun." 

I shyly bowed and waved.

The bowed towards me. 

"Would you guys like to introduce yourselves?" My dad said and glanced in my direction to give me a smie.

"Neh, We're Shining Shinee!~"

Omo. Is..Are..They?

When they got to Jonghyun, he stepped closer towards me. 

"Mieun? Mieun from the plane? Omo, it is you!" He gave me a little bear hug

"Hehe, Yeah, it's me! I had no idea!"

My dad gave me the 'you'll -explain -later -at -home' look.

The rest of them introduced themselves. I looked at Onew, who was staring at me. We stayed like that until my Dad cleared his throat to break the silence.

"Could you guys show her around a bit?"

They all answered in unison 

"Sure!"

As soon as my dad walked out the door, the boys were fighting over who should show me around. But Key decided to be the man here.

"Guys, let's just take her out to get some food! What do you say Mieun?"

"It sounds great!" I gave them my best smile and we headed for the door. Onew bumped into me on the way out. "Mianhe.." we both said at the same time. He flashed his best smile at me and opened the door for me.

A/N How is it guys??