Chapter Thirteen - She bakes Cupcakes

Here you go........sorry that I was away for a while!!   The story is coming to an end soon, I hope you enjoyed it!!  

Please vote, comment and let me know what you think!    This chapter is NOT rated R.   

Chapter Thirteen

Our first ultrasound is today and Angie and I are super excited.  We decided not to find out the sex of the baby, we both want to be surprised.   I think that deep down inside, we both are wishing for a daughter, but we don’t care, if we were gifted with another son, as long as the baby is healthy, that is all that really matters.

I’m so nervous, Angie is so big.   None of her clothes fit her anymore.  She was hoping not to have to buy clothes so soon, but she’s got no choice.  The only thing that fits her now are some summer dresses.   The technician is putting the jelly on her tummy, I hope she doesn’t push down too hard, I think that Angie over drank how much water she was suppose to retain.  LOL….is she pushes down too hard, Angie’s going to pee herself.   

“So….I’m going to do all my checking and testing first and then I’ll show you the screen and let you see your baby”   “Oh….oh….um….okay….it might take me an extra few minutes”.   

Oh shit….something is wrong, I could see Angie’s face, she’s looking pale.    “Is there something wrong with the baby?”  

“Nope, nothing wrong at all, please don’t worry, I’ll be done in just a few minutes”.    

Phew…..she’s scared us there for a second.     We sat there patiently waiting, our hands entwined, waiting for the technician to do her job.   Finally….she’s done.

Flipping the screen around, she’s starts pointing to the screen and talking.   I blanked out when I heard her say….”these are your two babies”. 

TWINS…..we were having TWINS!!  

 I looked over at Angie, she was crying, I know right then she was thinking of her twin sister that she lost.  I know that she’s happy though, she’s looking at the screen with so much love in her eyes.  She’s asking the technician about the babies, I’m still in a daze.  I need to snap out of it.   I lean over to Angie, kiss her lightly on the lips and tell her how much I love her. 

“So….I realized that you were quite big when you first walked in here for someone who’s only 18 weeks, twins….that explains it.   They are both healthy, exactly where they should be at, heart rates are excellent on both, so are their sizes.   Congratulations!  Did you have any idea that you might be having twins?”  

“No, we didn’t, well I could see that Angie was big, but the thought never crossed my mine.  Angie is a twin, so twins run in her family”.

That night, while lying in bed, I had Angie in my arms and my arms were around her waist, around our children.  I felt content, I felt happy, I knew that I wanted to be here for the rest of my life.   We decided that since the wedding is only a week away, we weren’t going to tell anyone about the twins yet and make the announcement at the wedding.  The parents are going to go nuts when they find out.  

We are going to have to have some construction done on our house though.   I’m thinking of adding on a third floor, a master suite for Angie and I.   We want the twins to not to always have to share a room and since we found out, not the sex, but we did ask if they were the same sex and the technician did confirm that they were not a boy and a girl.   We decided to convert the master bedroom now into two rooms with an adjoining bathroom.  

Tyler and Nicholas already have their own rooms and they share a bathroom.   Lucky that the babies are not due until the middle of September and lucky that I have my own construction company, all that makes things much easier to plan.   After the wedding, we are going to move into Angie’s home temporarily until the renovations are done.  They should be done around the middle of August, enough time for us to move back in and be ready for when the twins arrive.

I still cannot believe we are having twins.   I’m wide awake, Angie sleeping peacefully in my arms.  I can feel light flutters on her tummy.   Angie says that she can feel them moving a bit now.   Amazing that there are two of them in there sharing such a small space.   I’m not really a religious man, but I’ll pray to god if I have to, to keep Angie and the twins safe.  

Hopefully she’ll be able to carry them past the 32 week mark.   We were told that the safe point to reach when carrying a child.  The technician told us that even though their due date was the middle of September, we should expect them sooner than that.   Women rarely carry twins to full term.   Most of the time they can be a couple of weeks to a month early.