Chapter 6

The next morning I woke to my cell phone's alarm going off. I reached to shut up off and when I did I noticed something. There was a dead rose on my night stand. I sighed and got out of bed.

I went to my bathroom to washed my face and brush my teeth. I looked at the mirror wanting to laugh at my at the mess my hair was in. I had horrible bed head from sleeping with my hair wet, but it didnt take long to flat iron my hair and do the little make up I usually wore, I was finished in thirty minutes. I changed into some old jeans with a I See Stars tee and some black vans, grabed my book bag and headed out my bedroom door.

"Hey mom," I said to her as she walked into the kitchen at the same time as me.

"Hi honey," she said taking a seat at the counter, "will you turn on the coffee pot please."

"okay," I said switching it on and walking to the cabinet to grab a mug and my portable coffee cup, "what time did you get in?"

"Maybe like twenty minutes ago" she answered. She was quiet for a awhile before she spoke again. "The funeral is going to be saturday" she said quietly. I froze. Saturday was the day after tomorrow.

"Today you take your final don't you?" my mother said breaking the silence.

"Yea, but im sure the professor will understand if I as to take it in a week or two, at least so I can help you out with anything you need." I said pouring our cups.

"No sweetheart, your schooling is important and you need to get out of this house. Get your mind busy and try not to worry about whats going on here okay" she told me as I handed her the coffee mug.

"You sure? Its no porblem all I have to do is talk to the teacher and-"

She held her hand up stopping my sentence.

"No, I do not want this effecting your education, your a wonderful student and I'm so proud of how far you have gotten" she paused for a moment before talking again, "he was proud of you too, very proud."

I smiled a small smile before looking away from her.

"Well is there anything I can do for you before I take off?" I offered.

"Im fine, now go and have a good day," she said while doing the shooing motion with her hand.

"Okay I will but only if you promise to take it easy today okay, go take a nap or something, just relax." I said as I grabbed my keys from the hook.

"I promise," she said with a half smile, "good luck with your test."

"Thanks, I'll see you later mom." I said before I headed out the door.

My phone buzzed as I got into my car. It was a text from Josh

Have fun with ur test...txt me when ur done

I sighed and started the car.

***

I walked out of the classroom feeling a somewhat relieved. The test wasnt nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

As I headed out to my car I texted Josh

Just finished...meet me at pizza hut 4 lunch?

On my way

The drive was typical and boring. I pulled into the parking lot of Me n Ed's pizza and noticed Josh's car was already there. He must have really been hungry. I walked into the palor to see josh at the counter ordering. He motioned for me to go and find a place to sit. I sat in the booth and started playing with the napkin dispenser on the table thinking quietly to myself.