Chapter 5

"Hey," he whispered.

"Hi," I answered back.

It was quiet for a while before I started to walk to my room. Grim followed still not saying another word. He sat on my desk chair placing his elbows on his knees staring at the ground. I decided to change into shorts. I walked to my closet and shut the door behind me. I realized my breath was extremely shaky. Why did I get like this every time he was near? My stomach was doing massive cartwheels, my legs felt as though they were melting, and my hands could barley hold the shorts I had chosen.

I took a deep breath and kicked off my shoes and pants and threw on my shorts. I stepped out of my closet to find that Grim hadn’t moved an inch. He looked up at me and smiled.

"You look cute" he said with his half smile. I immediately blushed, but I was thankful that it was dark in my room. I went to my bed and sat under the covers.

"Sorry about earlier, Josh came to hang out and I didn’t know if you would be back and-"

"Lexi," Grim interrupted me holding his hand up, "you don’t have to explain yourself to me, it’s my fault for assuming you didn’t have a boyfriend."

"What? No josh isn’t my boyfriend, he's my best friend that’s all. He wanted to see how I was doing after everything that happened." I said.

"Oh well I just kind of figured after seeing the way you guys were hugged up together." He said staring back at the floor.

"Are you jealous?" I asked before I could stop myself.

Grim's head shot up. "What? Psh an angel of death doesn’t get jealous my dear" he said smirking.

I laughed and the tension between us seemed to fade away.

"Come lay with me." I said shocking even myself.

"I don't know doll face," he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh come on its not like we can touch anyway, just lay next to me." I said as I scooted over.

He stayed for a moment and finally got up and came to my bed. I laid under the covers on one side, while he sat on top of the covers on the other.

"What’s it like?" I asked.

"What’s what like?" he said.

"Being the Grim Reaper? Like how does your day start and end?" I asked.

"Well first off I'm not THE grim reaper I’m a grim reaper. There are millions of death angels, I’m just one of many. And second, I don’t have days, I was created and ever since it’s been doing what I do" He answered.

"So you don’t sleep or take days off?" I asked

"Nope" he simply said. Then he turned to me leaning on his left elbow, his silver eyes staring deep into mine. He leaned his face so close to mine I could feel his cold breath.

"I hate that we can’t touch" I said looking down at my hands.

"Look at me" he whispered.

I gave in and looked up to him. He brought his lips close to my own, his cold breath gave me goose bumps.

"Be grateful that we can lie here together without me having to take your life." he whispered, "I am."

With that he stood up and started to walk to the stairs black fog slowly following him.

"Wait, you'll come back again right?" I said as I sat up on my bed.

"As long as you want me to I will" he said the fog thickening around him.