Point The Finger

Chapter 16:

One week later

Over the passing week, Austin has still been getting feed through a tube, but he's starting to breath on his own. He's gain a pound, but the doctor said he can't go home until he reaches another pound and can feed on his own. He's looking much better, but he's still so little. No bleeding on the brain or any other serious problems...thank god. He's still in the incubator because they don't want him to catch any infections.

"Ali..." I heard Justin's voice I turned around carefully and smiled.

"Hey." I said in a tired voice.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" He asked going on the other side of the incubator.

"Just a little..." I said yawning. He laughed and put his hand in the incubator and rubbed Austin's hair.

"He's awake..." Justin said smiling as we watch Austin move around with his eyes opened.

"He's finally breathing on his own. But he's still getting feed from the tube. The doctor said it might take awhile for him to use his sucking reflex."

"You're gonna get it, aren't you Austin." He said in his baby talk. Austin turned his head toward Justin and started making noise.

"Yes that's your daddy, Austy." I said in a soft voice smiling.

"There's little, Austin...there he is." Jason said in his baby voice too. He had a bag in his hand as he walked in with Lin.

"He's so tiny! He's so cute!" Lin said smiling.

"Yeah, he's got your eyes." Jason said to Justin.

"That's right, he does. Aww...." Lin said excitedly. Justin laughed.

"Hello everyone, my name is Karen and I'm the little man's nurse."

"Hi." We all said at the same time.

"We have some good news. Your doctor said that Austin can move to an open crib today."

"Really? So I can hold him?" I asked smiling.

"Yep..." She said as other nurses came in to help her. She handed me my little baby carefully and I knew what to do...those classes came in handy I guess. He was moving around a little as they brung in the open crib.

"Hey little guy." I said as he held my pinky. Even that made his hand look small. Justin move next to me to see Austin closer.

"You can put him in there when ever you're ready." Karen said smiling.

"Ok..." I said nodding. "You're such a handsome boy. You're mommy's little handsome boy." I told Austin.

"The doctor said we can try to bottle feed him Wednesday at 2:00." Karen said.

"Really? You guys think he's ready?" Justin said as he rubbed Austin head.

"Yeah...it's a try." Karen shrugged. She walked out and I held Austin tighter.

"That's amazing." Lin said.

"Right...I hope he can do it." Jason said.

"Well of course he can." I said touching Austin's nose.

"What's in the bags?" Justin asked.

"Stuff we brought for the baby shower for next week until little man decided to come now." Jason said smiling. Justin waved them to let him see. Jason brought him the bags and Justin opened them.

"Look at this, Ali." Justin opened both bags. One had girl stuff, one had boy stuff.

"We had a bet going to see who would buy the right gender stuff. I won, Jason owes me 50 bucks." Lin said smiling.