After School

After school

After school

"We've never made it past the first round of the scholastic decathlon. You could be our answered prayer." Taylor told Gabriella as they were walking.

"I'm gonna focus on my studies this semester and help my mom get the new house organized. Maybe next year." Gabriella told her.

"But-"  Taylor began.

"What do you know about Troy Bolton?" Gabriella cut her off.

"Troy? Hmm...I wouldn't consider myself an expert on that particular sub-species, however, unless you speak cheerleader, as in-" Taylor pointed to the group of cheerleaders they just walked up behind.

"Oh, my gosh! Isn't Troy Bolton just the hottie super-bomb?" Taylor asked them.

"Oh, he's beautiful!" Most of the cheerleaders gushed.

"Ew no! He's my brother!" Veronica screamed in disgust.

The cheerleaders went the other way so they can talk about Troy without Veronica ruining the conversation.

Then Veronica noticed Gabriella.

"Gabriella hey!" Veronica smiled.

"Hi V." Gabriella smiled.

"How was your first day?" She asked her.

"Good." She told her.

"V!" Lola's voice came from afar.

"I gotta go but I'll talk to you later." Veronica walked away.

"Bye." Gabriella waved.

Veronica waved back.

"Ok, wrong cheerleader but you know I mean, " Taylor told her.

"I guess I don't know how to speak cheerleader," Gabriella told her.

"Which is why we exist in an alternate universe to Troy, The Basketball Boy, " Taylor told her.

"Well, have you tried to get to know him?" Gabriella asked.

"Watch how it works in the cafeteria tomorrow when you have lunch with us. Unless you'd rather sit with the cheerleaders and discuss the importance of firm nail beds." Taylor said sadly.

"My nail beds are history, " Gabriella said as she held up her hand.

"Sister!" Taylor exclaimed as she put up her hand,

They giggled as they walked off.
_______________________________________
Bolton House

The twins and their father were in the backyard basketball court getting in some after-school practice.

"I still don't understand this whole detention thing." Their father told them.

'It was our fault. Sorry, Dad." Veronica apologized.

"Crosscourt. You know Darbus will take any opportunity to bust my chops. That includes yours too." He told them.

"Hey, Dad? Did you ever think about trying something new, but were afraid of what your friends might think?" Troy asked.

"You mean like, going left? You're doing fine. Come on." His father told him.

"Well...no. I think what Troy means is what if you wanna try something really new and it's a total disaster and all your friends laugh at you."  Veronica told him.

"Well then, maybe they're not really your friends. And that was my whole point about the team today. You guys gotta look out for each other. And Troy's captain of the team." Their father told Veronica.

"Dad, We're not talking-" Troy began

"There's gonna be college scouts at our game next week, Troy. Know what a scholarship is worth these days?" Their father asked him.

Troy looked at Veronica, who was looking quite annoyed that their father was not listening.

"A lot." Troy nodded in defeat.

"Yeah. Focus. Troy, come on." Their father told him.

Troy once again nailed the shot.

"Whoo!" Mr. Bolton screamed.

Veronica walked away annoyed.

"What's wrong with her?" Mr. Bolton asked Troy.

"Why don't you go and find out?"  Troy suggested.

Mr. Bolton went inside the house.

"Where is she?" He asked his wife.

"Room. Slammed the door shut." She told him.

He knocked on her room door.

"Go away!" She screamed.

"V."  Her father began.

"Go away!" She repeated.

"Can we talk please?" He asked.

She opened the door.

"What?" She asked annoyed.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he came in.

"Nothing." She said.

"Talk to me, I'm your father, " he told her and sat on her bed.

Veronica sat beside him.

"It's just you're always there for Troy but never for me." She confessed.

"That is so not true. I support your cheerleading." He told her.

"I know but-" She began.

"I'm always here for you no matter what." He cut her off.

She nodded understanding but inside she knew that her father would never accept her choice of being in a musical.

He kissed her forehead as a tear left her eye.
_______________________________________
Sorry for any errors...