F O U R

This book is going to be a little bit shorter than the other one. The third episode will be coming really soon. - LIVYTHECREATOR

______________________________________________

F O U R 

ChresantoA15: Why would you ask me anything like that

LolaMonroe26: You said you were real, so it shouldn’t be a problem, right?

ChresantoA15: I guess not. I’m ready to see you.

LolaMonroe26: OK. That’s great.

I was surprised that Chresanto agreed to come. I knew he was real because if he wasn’t, why would he agree to be on the T.V. show? I knew it would probably take forever for Max and Nev to reply to my email, but I was willing to wait. I needed to know the truth about Chresanto, and this was the safest way I knew how.

In my Google search bar, I typed slowly but diligently. I thought that signing up for Catfish would be easy, but it wasn’t. Like the girl that was on Catfish last episode—Triniti. She found out that her ‘boyfriend’ Craig was her parents.

For me to go through something like that would be unbearable.

When I got to the page I wanted to be at, I filled in the application to be aired on the next show. When I filled in my name, number, and other necessary information, I realized I was finished. It took a shorter time than I imagined. I exhaled deeply, and slumped back in my seat. Since I really wanted to find out the truth, I needed to do more then fill out a lousy application.

When I searched Max’s and Nev’s email, I sent them a lengthy letter on everything that happened. I couldn’t afford to leave anything out.

Dear Max and Nev,

I know I may have already sent a casting application in to be on your show, but I feel like I haven’t done enough. It’s really important, and I can’t go a day it being solved. If you could help me figure out who my online boyfriend, Chresanto really is, I’d appreciate it.

Since I can’t just ask for your help and not specify, I think I should explain further. I met Chresanto when I was 25-years-old (I'm 26 now) and he was the sweetest guy I’d ever met. I could’ve asked for more. I wouldn’t never would have thought that someone I loved would be a fake, but after a while, Chresanto started acting suspiciously.

By suspiciously, I mean that he would never want to Skype with me or to show me that he was a real person. He always questioned my existence, but he never did anything to prove his. I never thought much of it, but now I’m really putting the pieces together. 

I’ve talked to Chresanto on the phone once, but he sounded no older than sixteen-years-old. His voice wasn’t cracking, but he didn’t sound full grown yet.

Max and Nev, I really need you guys to help me out, please. I really need to figure out the true identity of this guy I’ve known so long. (Loved so long.)

Please help.

Sincerely, 

Lola Monroe

[MAX’S AND NEV’S POINT OF VIEW] 

“Hey man, we got a special email today. I really think you should check it out,” Nev says, pointing at his laptop frantically. It was very rare if they got an email that caught their eye. This one however, made Nev’s eyes pop out of the socket.

“It’s not boring is it? How are we going to keep viewers if you have to—”

No. It’s not going to be anything boring. This woman has been talking to this guy on the internet, and she doesn’t know if he’s real or not. She thinks he may be a lot younger, but she’s not sure. You may wanna help this girl out. She could be arrested for pedophilia.” Max rolled his eyes hard, and decided to walk over to Nev.

“Move over,” Max ordered, pushing Nev slightly to the other side of the table. Max skimmed through the paragraph Lola wrote, and then squinted his eyes.

“She said she talked to him on the phone. He sounded like a sixteen-year-old. End of story. There’s such thing of looking at the tell-tale signs of something and obviously, this lady’s not doing it,” Max said in a harsh tone.

“Just give the chick a chance. You don’t know, you could be really changing her life and you don’t know even know it,” Nev retorted, annoyed. Max never really wanted to solve anyone’s case, even if that was what he signed up for all along.

“Fine. But just know if this is going to be a lame story, we’re going to be paying a price.” Max walked away from the table, still sipping away a drink that no one knew about. Nev was determined to show Max that this was going to be one of the best stories featured on the show. But most of all, Nev wanted to solve Lola’s story.

He knew what it was like to be deceived by someone he thought he loved.

He was going to solve Lola’s story.

Dear Ms. Lola Monroe,

We received your email about wanting to reveal the truth about your online boyfriend. We will love to help you find out the truth about him. We will fly you out to L.A. to meet us. Since you've already gave us your contact information, we will call you or contact you in another way for more details. We really appreciate you even considering starring on the show, and we're excited for you to be featured.

Sincerely, 

Nev & Max