Chapter 3

"Y-you remember us?" Hayes stammered, clearly lost for words. I sealed my lips tightly and nodded. Nash clapped his hands together and began jumping up and down. Everyone else just sat, clearly lost for words. Nash practically tackled me in a giant bear hug, sniffling though trying to hide that he was crying. I didn't know I was crying too until we pulled away and his shoulder was wet. We looked over and saw Hayes curled on the ground, shaking. Cam was trying to calm him down but nothing was working. Everyone else was pretty shaken up. 

"Do you remember me?" Cam asked, starting a current of that one question from everyone else. I shook my head until everyone quieted down.

"I only remember Hayes and Nash. I'm sorry you guys," I said and disappeared into the kitchen. Quiet whispers erupted in the living room. I ignored them and walked outside and dropped onto the step. I put my racing head into my hands and I tried to shut up the thoughts chasing each other, with no such luck.

"You've been out here for a while," a husky voice muttered, making me turn around. There Shawn stood, the hood of his maroon sweatshirt turned up against the wind. I gave him a small smile and turned back to the street, feeling Shawn brush my shoulder as he sat down next to me. We sat in silence until it was finally unbearable.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. Shawn turned to me with a bewildered look on his face.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, clearly confused. 

"I'm sorry I don't remember you. I'm trying. I really am," I said, my voice cracking at the end. He pulled me into a giant hug, letting him hold me until I pulled away.

"You're trying your best. It's okay. And even if you only remember those two, it's better than not remembering any of us," he shrugged. And in that moment nothing that had happened between us mattered. It was all about what I was feeling at this moment. And right now, I wanted to kiss him. And I did. Leaning in, both of us connected our lips in a way that seemed to make the earth shake. And I never wanted to pull away. When we did, he looked sadly at me. "I don't want to leave you." 

"Go on tour. You're making it big. There's no way in HELL I'm keeping you here," I said and he laughed. I kissed him on the cheek and he pulled me up with him. I wrapped my arms around him and he hugged me back. And in this moment I never wanted to leave.

~~~

"Guys, I'm going to miss you. Can I just stay?" Shawn asked and we all laughed at him.

"You gotta get on the plane!" Johnson laughed, giving him a quick bro hug. Then I was the last one for him to hug. "We're just gonna... we'll be over here."

"I'm going to miss you," I said, making him laugh. "Do you have to go?"

"Yeah," he said, shrugging. 

"Look, I know what's happening with us is a little weird, but, I think maybe we should break up. Just until you come back," I whispered, but he heard me. And I felt horrible.

"You're right. We should. Look, I- I gotta get on my plane. But we'll talk later okay?" He said and I just nodded. He nodded as well and awkwardly walked away. And watching him walk up the stairs, away from me, made my heart break. I wanted to run after him and kiss him and make him my boyfriend again, but I didn't. And the whole car ride home made me regret not chasing after him. Because he would have done the same thing. And I just wanted him to hold me. Because what I forgot to tell him was that I was slipping again. And he was the only one to help me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: HEY GUYS! I'M SO SORRY I JUST DON'T POST THAT MUCH ANYMORE! I LOVE ALL OF YOU AND I JUST WANT TO KEEP THIS BOOK EXCITING! GIVE ME COMMENTS IF IT'S ACTUALLY SHIT AND I'LL MAKE THE OTHER CHAPTERS BETTER! THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO   BECAUSE SHE KEPT TELLING ME TO POST SO HERE IT IS! LOVE YOU GUYS!

~xoxo,

Anna Runyan