Camp Sunshine

Camp Sunshine

It was a very sunny day, with it being early in the morning the lake had an eerie orange tint to it but there was no doubting that it was very peaceful indeed. Not for long though, as just a few hours later, from all over the country and indeed from abroad buses arrived through the tall wooden gates, packed with girls were arriving at Camp Sunshine, a girl’s camp with a great reputation and scenic settings.

Lined up near the big trees on the left side of the buses were all the camp members. As the coaches opened girls, and one lone boy came running out while the bus drivers, the only males in sight bar the boy tossed the bags out of the buses, with scant regard of what may be in them and it wasn't long before, despite the best efforts of the camp staff pandemonium broke out though with so many girls running about this was hardly surprising.

It would take the camps leader, Marva Kulp senior to finally settle things down. Marva was in her late sixties, five and a half feet tall, and wearing khaki shorts with a camp Walden top, something that would eventually be issued to every camp member. Talking loudly was never going to be enough with a bunch of excitable girls, all aged between 10-13, so to get their attention she talks through a Bullhorn. Next to her stands her daughter and first lieutenant, Marva Junior., just under six feet, tanned and humorless with glasses and a fairly strict nature.

Marva SR. (into bull-horn) Good morning, ladies and welcome to Camp Walden. I'm Marva, your Camp Director and this is my daughter and right hand man, Marva, Jr. Girls, please find your duffels as quickly as possible, we've got a big, big day ahead of us. Marva’s, bunk assignments, if you please.

With that Marva Senior steps down and heads down from the little pedestal which boosted her small height and starts to watch the crowd, helping to give directions to those girls that needed while trying not to be deafened by her daughters barking orders on the bullhorn next to her.

All the Duffels where being pilled, or rather thrown by the camp members into a large heap. Beneath it, a girl, Elizabeth Cullen sits waiting for her duffel to be thrown. Sure enough after ten minutes of sitting, doing nothing finally her duffel, yellow with black strips is dumped on top of the mountain by one of the camp Walden's and with that she springs into life, jumping up as fast as she can in order to get the bag before the next load is tossed over the top

Elizabeth (to herself)
okay, found my duffel

It was a short lived burst of exciting as no sooner had she found her duffel, the next hoard of bags where flung recklessly into the pile, causing her duffel to by piled underneath the new lot.
Now the question is, how do I get it out?

Trying to find a way of getting her duffel out she walks around the side of the large mass. Elizabeth wears overalls, a baseball cap which is white and that says Girls Rule, sunglasses, and a sweat-shirt tied around her waist. Her ears are pierced, her hair is short and red, and she wears bright red high tops and metallic blue nail polish. After walking around 180 degrees, finally Elizabeth spots one of the black handles though under the mass of the other bags it was never going to be a easy job for anyone, yet alone someone of the build of Elizabeth, who while not massively skinny, was on the slender side in terms of build.

Okay, I can do it.

With this Elizabeth, with both hands grabs the yellow bag and with all her strength strains against the pile, which by now was almost as tall as her anyway making a perfect place to lean against when getting a bag out though to no avail.

Okay, no I can't.

Her face turned slightly red, to much to mask the slight sense of embarrassment that her strength wasn't enough to get the duffel out. Behind Elizabeth another girl, called Zoe arrived with her duffel from the bus, obviously watching as Elizabeth struggles with her oversized bag containing many things.