8

For those of us who are Harry Potter fans . The first trailer for the new movie written by JK Rowling is above.

In mirkwood the smoke could be seen rising from the lake. And the dragon's silhouette could be seen streaking across the sky. Thranduil paced along his person balcony thinking. His son was there and so was Thea. Thea he more and more regretted banishing. He had always been good friends with the half elf but now he didn't understand why he worried. After all she had been the one to save him from an orcish dungeon, but as the dawn came over the smoldering laketown Thranduil gathered his troops and some supplies and set off to the refugees of laketown.

***

Kili, Fili, Bombur, Oin, Tauriel, and Bard's two daughters stepped out of their boat and onto the shore of the long lake. The rocky beach was filled with wailing people, crying children, and the remnants of supplies. Bodies floated in the water. Tauriel's eyes scanned each of the corpses before running back into the lake.

"Tauriel wait!" Kili called but it was too late she was already waist deep in the water. She turned over a brown haired body to find it to be a middle aged lake town woman. She moved from body to body searching for Thea. The four dwarves soon joined her and soon Oin found her. He pulled her from the water and checked to see of she still lived.

"She lives!" Fili called as Tauriel rushed over.

"Lass" He said to Tauriel "We must go to our kin in the lonely mountain. We can not stay.Not even for Thea. Can you take care of her."

"If your departure can not be helped than I bid you all farewell. Thea will be taken care of." Tauriel answered.

"Thank you lass." Oin said and clambered into the boat. Fili smiled and followed him and Bomber followed more slowly after him. Kili turned to Tauriel and pulled an engraved stone out of his pocket.

"Keep this." He said "as a promise." Then he too ran off to the boat.

***

Legolas had road into the camp of unfortunate stragglers on a white horse and after an elvish conversation with his guard he discovered that Tauriel had been banished for running off after the dwarves. He asked her to accompany him to the place of his mother's death, and of course because he was her prince she agreed. But now Tauriel looked down at Thea who still lay unconscious on a blanket and soon realized that she had a problem. Someone would need to take care of Thea while she accompanied Legolas. Oin had bandaged her wounds but blood showed through the tan cloth. She picked up Thea and brought her before Bard, who had been appointed the new leader of lake town. Tilda shrieked and ran towards the pair.

"Da" said Bain to his father. 'This is Tauriel and Thea. They saved our lives."

"I thank you with all my heart, but I can see you did not come over her to introduce yourselves. What can I do for you?" Bard asked.

"I must leave, but Thea has been banished from the woodland realm. She has been injured and needs looking after." Tauriel said, the question implied.

"As much as I would love to help you, I do not think we would be able to find anyone to take care of a stranger." Bard said thoughtfully, his hand on his beard.

"We could father." Sigrid exclaimed. "Bain and I could take turns carrying her."

"Now..." Bard started.

"Father please!" Bain begged. "In repayment for saving our lives?"

"Alright." His father relented.

"Thank you children." Tauriel said as she lowered Thea into Sigrid's arms.

***

Thranduil stood on the same beach where the last people of laketown had stood just a few hours earlier. Bodies still floated on the water and Thranduil studied each of them from afar. None of them were obviously Legolas unless he had somehow managed to dye his hair a shade of brown but many looked like Thea. He found that as he saw one that looked slightly like her his heart would race until he realized it wasn't her. His own amount of worry startled the cold hearted king. And suddenly he came to a conclusion that he should have come to many years before. A reason why he had spent so much time trying to make Thea smile when he could have or should have been doing other things. The reason that he has ran off from his kingdom with the excuse that he desired white gems found in the mountain of Erabor. And the conclusion was, very much like Tauriel had so bluntly put it, that Thranduil favored Thea.

That Took forever but here is another chapter. Thanks for reading. Vote, comment, xD.