Chapter 3

Chapter 2

I know it’s getting kind of boring without the other x-men so ta-da!!!

********************************************************

Logan's POV

"What's so special about this one anyway?" I asked to anyone who would listen. The small jet we were in took off.

"We don't know why her or even her mutation, we just know that she's part of an organization that we have been trying to track down for months." Scott said irritated

"And were sure she didn't volunteer," Jean put in, with a worried tone. She was so caring and sophisticated, and her lips look so soft...

"So she is not at the organization's base anymore?" I asked trying to annoy Scott further. I honestly didn't care. "What's the organization called anyway?" 

"Project Weapon X" Scott replied with a sigh. I had the flash back I usually have, it sounded so familiar, but I couldn’t put a finger on it. Whatever it was I was going to find out soon.

"Sound familiar? The professor said it had something to do with you." Scott said with no emotion, he was just focusing on the town below, nobody could see us though, thanks to Storm, who started making it rain a couple minutes ago. The clock ticked to 7:00p.m. I sighed. I missed happy hour.

"We are here." Storm said nudging my shoulder. She was originally going to sit in the passenger seat next to Scott, which left me with a happy feeling that I hadn't gotten in weeks. Until that dick Scott wouldn't let Jean sit near me in the back. Then again I haven't seen them hang out in forever, and Jean doesn't stay in Scott's room anymore. I smirked at my thoughts.

We landed with a loud thud on top of a roof. "You call that a landing?" I exclaimed with my eyebrow raised. It was so fun to see Scott try to be patient with me, especially with Jean around. I let my claws out when Jean looked back. Immediately my knuckles stung. That always hurt, but I’ve learned to get used to pain. I would do pretty much anything to impress Jean.

We all tromped out of the jet. "Where the hell are we?" I asked. 

"We are at a town in Washington; this is the last place the Professor tracked her down." Jean said politely. "Were you even listening in there?" Scott said to me in an annoyed tone. I may have zoned out for a while. "Whatever" I replied with a huff.

We started glancing around the city. It was very small and didn’t have the best infrastructure. We were all standing on top of the tallest building, which wasn’t even a skyscraper. “Well where is she then?” I asked the confused looking Scott with a smirk on my face. “My GPS locater said we are right on her…” He said, sounding confused and slightly embarrassed. There comes that happy feeling again…

 I walked over to the edge of the building we were on. “Found her.” I said with a smirk on my face. Everyone walked quickly towards me. “Look” I said pointing down into the ally. We saw a girl who looked about 13 or 14 pressed against a wall. I was readying myself to jump off the building when Jean put her hand on my shoulder. I raised my eyebrow at her. I looked back down to see the girl roll to the side and skillfully kick the man in the balls, hard. I cringe, that’s got to hurt.

I immediately didn’t like the man after seeing his creepy gray eyes; they gave me the shiver which does not happen often. The guy pounced on her when storm whisper yelled, “Now!” Adrenaline rushed through my body as I leaped off the building. I looked up to see how Jean was going to get down when I saw her leap off. Scott positioned himself to catch her but at last minute levitated herself to land lightly on the ground, not taking a second look at Scott. I raised another eyebrow at her. “Um, new thing I’m working on.”  I knew something was up and was about to ask her when I realize everyone was running towards the man.

I sighed and sprinted after them. As soon as the man looked up from beating the pulp out of the girl, he looked bewildered at first but then began growing. His shoulder grew broader and dark purple scales grew all over his body. His jaw grew into a snout and his tongue lengthened. “Shit!” I said out loud. Everyone looked back at me but immediately turned back towards the beast as he let out a loud howl. I looked into his eyes and saw pain. No wonder he didn’t release his mutation earlier.

 Scott was the first to act. A red laser shot the beast in between his eyes. He yelped out of pain, but it didn’t affect him much, the scales just reflected off of him, hitting a garbage can. Storm was already working on the lightning. It struck him on the head. The beast screeched and took a step forward. He gave Storm a whack with the back of his hand, or should I say claw? She flew to the side and hit against the wall. I started running to help her, but Jean beat me to it.

“Go Logan!” She yelled, obviously frustrated. I turned and ran to the limp girl laying on the ground before I could reach her another person yelled at me.

“No you dumb ass, the demon!” I recognized Scott’s voice. Ugh, why couldn’t I do anything right when it was Jean telling me what to do, she is the only person you can say I get nervous around. I turned towards the demon and leaped onto his back. I held tightly around his neck as he snarled and shook, trying to pull me off his back. I Tried slitting his throat, but couldn’t find the right spot. I cut his chin at first, then his chest. I flailed around until I got a brilliant idea.

I pulled back all my claws except the middle ones. I stuck the blade on my left hand deep into his shoulder. He cried out in agony. Before I could complete my plan, the demon got an idea of its own. He leaned back, and I knew he was going to crush me if he fell backward. I stuck my right hand blade into his back. I knew I hit the heart when he whimpered instead of screeched. I guess I didn’t think far ahead enough, because he continued falling backward. I slammed into the ground and got the wind knocked out of me.

“Damn it!” I said trying to squirm out from under his massive arm. I saw Scott rushing to aid me. I hurried and got out from under the monster’s massive weight so Scott couldn’t help me. “What the hell were you doing this whole time?” I growled at him. “Well…” Scott was interrupted when a large window porch fell onto the now dead beast. “Never mind” I mumbled.

I ran towards Jean and Storm. I carried Storm towards the girl that was being examined by Scott. I had to mentally kick myself in the ass when I wished Jean was the one who was hurt, just so I could carry her. I shook my head. I could be a real dick sometimes.

“Are you alright?” I asked Jean. “I’m fine, but Ororo is unconscious.” Jean replied. She was so confident and beautiful.

“Oh my god.” Scott whispered, super hearing is always useful. My stomach churned as I turned and noticed Scott’s half worried half bewildered face. “Is she dead?” I asked with concern in my voice.  I started cautiously walking towards him, I didn’t want to trip and do something stupid in front of Jean again.

“Not exactly, there is not a scratch on her, she is unconscious though.” Scott replied, but hesitated afterwards. I raised an eyebrow and looked at her more closely. She had dark brown hair that covered her face, but I could make out long eyelashes and a larger nose, kind of like mine. She had a nice jaw and high cheek bones. She looked to be about 13 or 14 years old. I assumed she was very pretty.

The sun had finally set and it was dark outside. Jean took out a flash light and my eyes were temporarily blinded as the light glinted of something shiny. I turned her over onto her back so I could see her better when I went into a complete shock. I gasped, and spit out a molar loosened earlier. I was overwhelmed by anger and pure rage. “Shit…”