Chapter 1

The first thing I can remember is pain. So I guess I'll start there. 

***********************************************************************************

Pain surged through my body, everywhere, it felt like my body was about to explode, my organs were on fire and my skull was burning. My lungs also felt like they were going to burst into flames, I couldnt hold my breath any longer, yet I couldnt find myself to move, not a squirm, I didnt even open my eyes, just squeezed them shut tightly bearing the pain. 

Something in my arms, legs, and forehead moved and I understood they were needles, but they were being pulling out of me, the strange thing was I dont remember them being injected into me. Suddenly the hair on the back of my neck stood on end 2 seconds before I heard a loud snap. And that was my first scream.

Immediatly a liquid flooded my mouth and my throat ached. I had a coughing fit when I realized I was underwater, how did I get here? My right arm throbbed like crazy and I had a spasm right then and there. I felt cold rubber gloves pulling out the broken needle In my limp arm.

Suddenly I felt something jolt and the platform I was lying on slowing began elevating. I broke through the surface of the liquid, which I now saw was a green tint. I gasped for air and the burning sensation in my lungs eased. The first sound I heard was male voices talking and cheering, then a champane bottle pop as glasses chinked together.

Thats whenI realized I was still screaming. My Instincts finally kicked in and I lifted my arms, easily breaking the strapes that had been locking me down. I moved forward and began unstrapping my legs as I watched everyone move in slow motion. The people who were celebrating nearly seconds ago were yelling and cussing at the men in white uniforms, who were trying to reapply there blue gloves and load a long needle with a red, chunky liquid.

I was up and out of there before anyone could catch me, but I had no doubt in my mind that they were following, and they werent going to give up any time soon. Thats when the questions flew through my head: where was I? Why was I here? but the one that stuck out most: who am I? The only thing I could be certain of was to run, and that is exactly what I did.

Although my muscles ached and I had a massive migraine, I had never felt this strong, or steady.  I was confident, and I loved it. Besides being chased by advanced mad scientists with especially long needles, I was having fun. I opened random doors and ended up slipping into the main drain pipe. The confident  feeling didn't last long when I slipped and felt myself being pulled forward by sewage water.

I looked down at my knee when I saw a cut quickly heal and the once throbbing pain disapear. 

Thats when I saw a bright light that I started drifting towards. The light was growing bigger and brighter. I also could hear a loud noise that sounded like water crashing. I heard a yell and more responses as the sound of footsteps began speeding up. I knew they had spotted me. I looked over my shoulder to see how close they were when the ground beneath me disapeared. I could feel myself dropping and squinted my eyes, the bright light had blinded me and I had no idea where I was falling to.

A jerk in my wrist led me to believe someone had caught me. I looked up and saw someone with evil eyes glareing at me, a  light chuckle and I could hear him calling out to his friends in a relieved voice. I was angry.

I wasn't going to come this close to escape for an evil freak to do sick experiments on me like I was his toy. He had to know it hurt like hell! I became really pissed, which wasn't ordinary for me since im usually a calm person, or atleast I think I was.... An ear-peircing cry made me look into his eerie eyes which I had been trying to avoid. His countenance showed pure fear.

I heard a sizzle and the smell of flesh burning before I slipped from his grasp and tumbled towards the river below. 

Everything, everywhere went dark.

And that was the last thing I could remember, darkness and untill this day I haven't seen the light.

************************************************************************************************************