Chapter Three.

Six Months Later. . .

Anissa adjusted her hijab as she stared at herself in the mirror. She liked the way her make up was done. Not that she was someone used to wearing make up but it did make her look prettier. She then asked the make up artist to teach her how to apply it. She thought of buying some for herself.

She smiled looking at the mirror as she straightened the dress over her body. The colour of her dress was not white but cream. But what drew her attention was the lace designs and the beading work.

It wasn't exactly the happiest day of her life but she had accepted her fate and would probably learn to live with him not like she had any other choice but she would never let him touch her without her consents.

Her cousin, Minnah, walked into the room. Her belly had already grown and it could be noticed from her outfit. Her skin was glowing.

Anissa hugged her.
"Pregnancy becomes you, Minnah. You look beautiful. " She said as she smiled at her.

"I think you're the beautiful one here today. I would say Gavin is lucky man to have you but ... he doesn't deserve you. " Anissa smiled not saying anything. She looked at herself once again in the mirror and knew it was the make up making her look this good.

"Darling, it looks like you have only a few minutes left before you walk down the aisle with your father. " Minnah kissed her cousin on the cheek before she walked out to join her husband.

Robert winked at his wife as she made her way to him. He would rather be alone at home with her but he knew how much she loved Anissa, her cousin, and wanted to be with her so he decided to accompany his pregnant wife.

Once she reached him he wrapped his arm around her waist, caressing the side of her belly which had grown in the past months. Even though, they had been together for over a year his Muslim bride still blushed.

Robert didn't look down on her because of her religion. He was brought up in a loving family were he had learnt never to judge a person. Not that he was a frequent worshipper but his parents took him to church sometimes when he was a kid. Neither of them let that come between them.

"When will this end?" He asked feeling uncomfortable over the looks they were getting. He wondered what was odd about them. Everyone was already at the garden outside the mayor's mansion

"Soon. Now hush, will ya? " Minnah said as she patted her husband's back. She walked in front of him, sitting down and beckoning him to join her.

*******

Draven, Lucas and Jose had already arrived at the venue. Their aim here was to get her, the bride-to-be, without being noticed or any suspicion. Draven couldn't believe she was actually going to marry him. Then he remembered the girl gave into every of her father's wishes. He threw his smoke on the ground and stepped over it as he saw a young pregnant woman leave Anissa's room. He knew that she was alone now and he made his way in.

Draven walked into the room and almost choked when he saw her standing there. She was the most beautiful bride he had ever laid eyes on. Not that he had ever seen a bride in his life.

Her eyelashes were thick and appeared fake. Her eyebrows were perfectly manicured. He hadn't ever seen her with this much make up but unlike any other woman, it suited her. He notices how she placed a hand over her mouth, leaning against the wall when she saw him.She was heaving harshly as her chest was moving up and down because of her altered breathing that kept distracting him over and over again.

"Surprise!!" He said as he shut the door behind him.

"You're dead. They killed you, didn't they?" She said breathlessly, not believing that he stood in the very room as she was.