XXVI¤ Fate

They knew not what to do. The second they realized Christopher wasn't with them they automatically went back only to find him hanging from roots with blood spilling out his stomach.

Dante starts running to him but Merek stops him. "Why stop me Merek?" He growls.

Merek studies the ground beneath Chris. He bends down to grab a pebble and throws it next to him. Automatically sharp roots fly up from the ground.

"It's a trap and that isn't Chris." Merek states. Dante's eyes slowly go back to normal as he calms himself.

He must still be alive then, he thought.

"Who took him?" Dante runs up to the cottage door and breaks it open only to find an empty interior.

"They planned this!" He roars.

"We'll get him back Dante. Don't worry!" Merek squeezes his shoulder reassuringly.

Dante suddenly felt he wasn't alone. The emptiness in his being was filled. His eyes widened at the realization. Fear ran throughout his body like wildfire.

Hello little pup. Did you miss me?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(Bahah those are fun to do)

Christopher's P.O.V

I gasp and try sitting up from the coldness of the ground... No... The table.

I scream as I look down at my stomach.

"Finally awake." A woman in black comes out from the shadows of the room. I ignore her and look back at my stomach. "Oh yes, that. We had to keep it open for... Interrogation purposes."

Lies.

Metal was placed to keep the gash open. As I moved it pierces my insides making them bleed.

"Why would you need to keep it open?"

"It's been a few days since that time. Four to be exact. We had to keep burning your wound so the bleeding would stop. We couldn't have you dying on us, could we darling? And the metal was placed because of the simple fact that you've began to heal at your normal pass. We couldn't have that either." I look into her eyes.

"You have her eyes but you are not her." She grins.

"Yes well she will be with you shortly. Until then I need to tweak a few things." As she comes closer I grow more afraid. I try prying open the leather straps and chains holding me down.

"Why try? It's futile. Now child I will ask questions and you'll simply need to answer them. Easy isn't it?" I glare at her and she snickers.

"Why do you love Dante?"

I stay quiet. She has to be ridiculous if she thinks I'll answer any of her questions.

"Child we can do this the easy way or the hard way." She holds up her index finger and the top lights up in a flame. She gets closer to my stomach and burns the areas where is started bleeding again.  I scream.

"Why do you love Dante?"

"He- he's amazing, wonderful, powerful, dominant, possessive, and loving. That's why I love him! Everything about him makes my heart flutter and my stomach churn. He's my soulmate." I scream.