XXIII¤ In Control

phoenix-kia got it right XD mwuahaha enjoy the chapter.

XXIII

"Dante I can explain!" I manage to speak. His grip is getting tighter.

"Do you think I wouldn't notice? You'd have to do better than changing your hair color." He throws me to the other side of the tent and I end up outside rolling on the ground.

I stand. "Dante please. Just please listen to me."

Want to know what's wrong with him?

Enlighten me.

A warlock has been naughty.

Just tell me what's happening. Don't sugar coat it with talk like that.

Here is the deal Christopher. We need you to find the next candidate. Until you do so and until that candidate becomes the ruler of all creatures on this earth. You will have your beloved Dante back.

What did you do?

I didn't do a thing. I am not the only one that wants this. A powerful warlock has taken over Dante's body and mind. He will only give it back once you complete this task.

How long have you known?

Not long. The day you arrived to the battle.

Why didn't you tell me this then? Why watch me suffer?

Aw Christopher, I am dead. As I said before, it's more entertaining this way.

I look up at Dante. I walk towards him and I place a kiss on his lips. He looks shocked.

"I love you Dante. I love you with every fiber of my being." I give him on last passionate kiss, "but I won't do what they want me to do. I control my own life. I'll find out a way to get you back." His eyes widen and two emotions cross through them. He growls and hits the side of my face.

"Do it! You have to do it!" I hold back my tears.

"No I don't."

"You will do it!" He growls and Merek grabs his shoulders and holds him back.

"Where I had the meeting for the battle, go there for now. Joseph is there will Ael. I'll come get you once he's calmed down." Merek tells me. I nod and sprint to the tents.

You are making a very big mistake Christopher.

No, you won't use me anymore.

You can't do this! I am your creator! You are my creation. You cannot fight me!

Watch me.

Christopher!

"Joseph." He looks up and stands from his seat.

"Why haven't you healed yet?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

"They used poison to get answers out of us." I nod looking at Ael sleeping on the bed.