XVI¤ A Duel in the Rain

A/N I changed Harold's name to Joseph. New readers, ignore xD

"Fredrick needs the practice." I comment.

"No offense to your creation but he will never survive a duel with my nemirstīgs biedrs."

I chuckle. "He shall prove you wrong." I comment.

I lay down next to Krasivaya and Merek lays down next to another tiger. It seemed to like Merek and so she hasn't left his side.

"Why don't you name her?" I ask him.

"She is not mine to name."

"Do you want her? These tigers are very loyal."

"Then skaistums shall be her name. Do you like it?" He asks her as he runs his hands through her fur. She purrs.

Krasivaya growls at the younger ones to keep quiet. Its cute.

"Joseph. Don't go easy." Merek smirks innocently.

Joseph nods and suddenly grabs the back of Fredrick's throat. He pushes him to the ground but Fredrick resists.

"Your nemirstīgs biedrs is strong."

"Of course he is. He has genios blood in him."

"Ah... The red hair."

I nod and look at how Fredrick is holding up. He's doing fine. Yes he's bleeding. Yes he looks like he'll faint at any second but still. Against Joseph he's doing swell.

"Fredrick is it? He isn't backing down."

"Of course not. He isn't like that. He will fight for his master or die trying. He's alive to serve and protect."

He doesn't reply but I have a feeling I know what he would say. What has me wondering greatly is why he's here. He has people to rule.

"Why are you here?"

"What do you mean?" I glare.

"You know exactly what I mean."

"I came to make a deal with Dante."

"And that is..."

"I need more men to fight in my war and he can supply them. In return I give him a part of my land and the resources he needs for his war."

"Why are you at war? And with whom?"

"The Lycans have attacked my utopia and my men are dying steadily."

"Sounds exciting. I'll come with." I decide.

Before Merek is able to say anything out walks Dante. Perfect. I can tell him the news sooner rather than later.

"Dante, I'm going with Merek to-"

"No."

I furrow my brows. "You don't even know what I was going to say."

"I always know what you're going to say."

"Actually, Lord Correth it would really help if I were to have his help."

"Really now?" Dante raises his eyebrow and doesn't make an effort to suppress a smirk.

"Yes really." He challenges.

"Well then he can go but as will I."

"What business would you possibly have on my land?"

"I'm giving you more than half of my soldiers. Someone needs to look over them."

Merek glares, "fine. We will be departing in a weeks time."

I hear Fredrick scream in pain. When I turn my attention to him he's on the floor with Joseph's hand in his stomach. Rain starts falling and soon it muffles Fredrick's cries.