Strength and Courage

First of all, where the hell did all this attention come from? I mean, one day I'm just going through life, get hit with some writer's block, and BAM! Suddenly a bunch of people are following me and commenting and liking and all of this other stuff, and when you type in lesbian in the search bar, I'm on page 5 or something. I don't even know what happened. Second, you guys are super cute. I'm just sitting hear reading comments and I'm just smiling like an idiot and my family is asking what's wrong with me and it's just crazy. I don't even know what it was about you guys that made me smile, but it just did. And all of those guys who have been with me from the beginning of this story make me smile too, I just didn't really talk about it until now. I LOVE ALL OF MY FANS EQUALLY. Okay, well I hope you guys like this update at least a little, it took forever to write and not a lot happens, but it's kind of nice. I just had some writer's block, but the rush of new people to this story kicked my ass into gear and forced this out. I got some ideas for the next chapter, so I hope you're not waiting a week for it.

------------------------------

                I didn’t want to wake up. I had slept peacefully for the first time in days, and I wasn’t ready to face the reality that she wasn’t there. I just wasn’t ready to admit that I had dreamed everything and that I was really in bed alone, maybe hugging a pillow against my body.

                I felt said pillow shift and I furrowed my eyebrows. Pillows don’t move.

                I cracked open an eye and was greeted with the sight of those soft curls I knew so well. Her brown-red hair that cascaded down her back and how she smelled like lavender and rain. I sighed and pulled her closer to me and kissed her shoulder lightly. Our legs were a tangled mess and the blanket had been pushed down by our feet. I didn’t mind one bit, she kept me warm enough.

                I could feel her breathing slow down and she whispered, “Ash?”

                I smiled a little and let my lips brush along her shoulder one more time before I whispered, “I’m here.”

                “Really?” Was she still caught up thinking this was a dream too?

                “Really.”

                She rolled over and looked at me. She slowly reached up and ran her fingers through my short hair. I just sighed and closed my eyes and focused on how it felt to be with her again. She was warm. God I missed waking up to see the warm morning sun wash over her. She looked so beautiful, but that wasn’t why I loved waking up to her or why I loved being with her or kissing her. I loved all those things because I loved her.

                When she had her fill of my hair, she trailed her fingers along my jaw line and over my eyes, and then she traced my lips before leaning in and planting a soft kiss. I wasn’t ready for her to stop. I was never ready to stop.

                “I missed this.” She whispered after a moment.

                “I missed it too.” I kissed her forehead.

                I knew I needed to get up. I had to brush my teeth, shower, get dressed, make her breakfast, come up with plans for the day, and everything else, but I just wasn’t ready.

                I didn’t hear the door open, but I heard Link shouting in the living room. “Get up! I’m tired of you moping around in here! You never come out of the house anymore! Come on!”

                I groaned quietly and Erica just chuckled quietly. I pulled her tightly against me and I whispered, “If we stay really quiet he’ll just go away.”