Chapter Four - Mood Swings

A/N: Hey, guys. I hope you are enjoying Take Me Away so far. I just wanted to inform all my readers that I will be moving tomorrow which means I will be without Internet for a couple of days, but I will try to go to the library to post the next chapter on Monday. Thank you for reading and please remember to comment, vote and fan. (:

________________________________________________________________________________

"All right. Lemme get a good look at her."

It was after work the next day. Destiny and Alex decided to come home with me for some Chinese take out and music. I sat at the computer ready to show Destiny the Facebook of my now sworn enemy: Carolyn. Alex was sprawled on me bed, still eating his Lo Mien.

I clicked on her name on my friends list and entered her page. "There she is." Carolyn's profile picture had her cheeks puffed out and her lips in a weird position. I pose that most girls liked doing a lot these days.

Destiny shook her head. "I don't like her already." Then she gasped and pointed to her latest update that was posted on top of her page. "Look!"

I read the update that said she would be heading to Sweet Stylings to get her hair color touched up. I rolled my eyes. And here I thought her hair was natural. "What about it?" I finally asked Destiny.

"My mom is the owner of Sweet Stylings! On my day off from the shelter, I help her out at the salon."

"Um, okay? What does this have to do with anything?"

Destiny let out an exaggerated breath. "Don't you get it, Mikayla? Tomorrow is my day off. Tomorrow Carolyn is going to the salon meaning I can do her hair for her." She said with a wicked smile.

I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach already realizing where this was going. Destiny was planning to ruin Carolyn's hair in ways unimaginable. "Won't you get in deep trouble by your mom?"

Destiny shrugged. "Probably, but who cares. I mean, usually my mom wouldn't let me do colors, but I'll tell her Carolyn is just in for a cut and my mom will be way to busy to notice anything I'm doing."

I gave her a look. "Are you really willing to take that risk? Carolyn is a pretty powerful girl at my school. She knows a lot of people and has connection everywhere."

Destiny just smiled. "That's why I'm home schooled."

Soon, it was time for Alex and Destiny to head out. Destiny was out of my house first, super excited for her plan tomorrow which I was regretting more and more, but Destiny is the type of girl who can't talk out of anything.

Alex stayed behind some to explain to me how the schedule and duties will be tomorrow since Destiny won't be there. But then it hit me. I was alone, my parents weren't home and probably wouldn't be for a long time and Alex was with me.

For some reason I could my face get hot when he accidentally brushed his hand against mine. "Abby will be helping us with the back a little more so it won't be too hard on us." He shrugs.

We're sitting on my bed, next to eachother. I can't make myself look up at him. "So, how's is going with Gina."

Alex stays silent for a while before answering. "We're good. Same as before."

"That's nice..." The awkwardness is killing me. The only person that I was ever alone with in my room was probably Javen and that was mostly just to make out. I stand up, noticing a rice carton on the floor, but Alex grabs my wrist.

I look back down at him, but he is still silent. Still looking foreward at nothing. He then stands up and I can see that every muscle in his body is probably as tense as mine. I just watch him as he turns his eyes towards me, digging into my soul. And to my heart. "Alex...?"