Chapter six ↠

I sat alone in the small coffee shop watching Ben write in his journal. It wasn't the same notebook he had been writing in during therapy; it was worn out and tattered, like it had been used a lot. He was all by himself, in the very corner of the room just minding his own business. His hair was ruffled a bit and his green eyes were focused on what ever he was writing; he looked adorable. 

After therapy I had headed down to The Classy Coffee, my normal coffee shop. The only problem was that I wasn't expecting Ben to come down too. lucky I managed to hide my face from him by burying myself in a newspaper; but it had been an hour and he still hadn't left. 

I wondered if I should go and say hello, but he looked so peaceful and I wouldn't know what to say. 

My cappuccino had gone cold, but I couldn't bring myself to stand up and leave. He looked so cute and I was so intrigued to talk to him. For the past two sessions of therapy he had been asking about me; but there were so many questions I wanted to ask him. I don't even know what it was about him that was drawing me in; or why I was so interested in looking at him. It was like the whole world had stopped and the only thing in focus was his cute, sweet face. 

Ben's face suddenly looked up for the first time to look around. I couldn't bring myself to look away, but as soon as his green eyes were fixed upon mine I was burying myself back into my newspaper and praying he didn't recognise me. I feel my cheeks burn a bright red and my heart skipping at a fast pace. Why didn't I leave when I could?

I grab my coffee, forgetting that it had gone cold, and take a sip. My face crinkles up in a disgusted cringe and I hope Ben didn't see it. I close my eyes for a second. Stupid. I'm so stupid. I look to the corner of my eye, hoping that Ben had just gone back to what he was doing so that I didn't have to talk to him, but he was gone. My heart drops, he wasn't looking at me, he was gone. I felt a rush of disappointment, but I can't understand why. Why was I so intrigued by him? 

"Hello"

I jump in shock, clutching my hand to my heart and turning towards the familiar, smooth voice. Ben stood two feet in front of my table. I look up at him, and watch as his sweet smile lifts his lips upwards. The way his one dimple crinkles. The way his teeth are perfectly aligned. The warm glow his happiness gives. He looks adorable.

"H-hi" I gasp, trying to get my breath back.

He takes a seat in front of me, pushing a new cappuccino in front of me; just what I liked.

"How did you know I drink Cappuccinos?" I question, taking a sip and enjoying the warmth that runs through my cold body.

"Why do you think I'm a therapist? It's my job to notice small things like that." He says, grinning widely.

I giggle slightly, but my nerves are getting the better of me. Was he going to talk to me like he does in therapy? I hope not.

"What are you reading?" He questions.

I look at him confused for a second, wondering what he was talking about. But as I look down to where his hands were pointing I suddenly realise. I had brought the book, 'The Time Travellers Wife' down to read with me, but I had gotten so distracted by his face that I forgot.

"The Time Travellers Wife."

He picks it up and admires the front cover, "What's it about?"

I look at him for a second, trying to process what was happening. He did this a lot. He was so use to talking about others and never himself in therapy that he didn't know when to stop. I wondered if he ever talked about himself; if he even knew who he was.

"Its a bit hard to explain" I laugh, "but it's good, you should read it sometime." 

"Yeah I've heard it's good." He says, closing the book and placing it back on the table.

I hope that he doesn't find me boring; though I'm not sure why I care what he thinks.

"Do you like reading?" He questions, leaning back on his chair and waiting for my answer.

"Yeah, its sort of my way to relax. That and coming to this shop."

"What about you?" I question, pointing towards his journal. It was my attempt to try and direct the conversation towards him. I wondered if he'll even answer, or he'll try and avoid talking about himself entirely.

"Oh it's nothing." He says, shaking his head and pushing it more towards himself.

I sigh. I knew it, he never talked about himself. It was a habit that he had developed. 

"So what do you do for a job, I think you told me during therapy but I forgot?" He questions, shifting in his seat. 

He was acting different than he did in therapy. He was acting like the boy I had seen the first time we'd met. He smiled more, talked more, and well, seemed even a little bit nervous. I liked him this way.

"I'm an interior designer." I pause for a minute, thinking over his question, "I thought you were suppose to notice these things, you know, since you're a therapist?"

He laughs nervously, his grin still rested upon his face, "Yeah I did remember, I just wanted to make conversation."

He laughed and his smile shined like the stars in the sky, with no bright city lights to dim them. It was like the sun opened its eager light to shine about him, only brightening his perfectly aligned teeth. I laughed too; it was the first time I had laughed in ages.

"You look nice when you laugh." He says, looking at my face carefully.

I felt a blush creep towards my cheeks and looked down shyly, I hated when people complemented me. I wasn't use to it.

"You know" He stops himself for a second, "I've gotten to know you more now then I have in the last two therapy sessions." 

I think about his comment for a second, wondering if what he said was true. I hadn't told him that much, have I?

"What do you mean? I haven't told you that much?"

He smiles at me, sitting up in his chair and leaning towards me. His face was too close for comfort.

"I know you love reading, you get really shy when people complement you, you fiddle with your fingers when your nervous, you have two dimples that only pop out when you laugh and you like my smile."

Im stunned by his last comment. How could he possible know I love his smile? What have I ever done to indicate that I like his smile in any way? 

"Well I better get going, but it was good seeing you." He winks at me, standing up from his table and leaving a tip.

I try to ask him how he knew I liked his smile, but the words just don't come out. He grabs his jacket and beanie, giving me one last wave before exiting the shop. How could he have possibly known? I watch from the window as he walks past me, trying to understand what had just happened. It was time to get home to Sam.

---

Um... who else is in love with Conor Maynard because I am! And all the Youtubers to be honest haha :) Anyway lets talk romanceeeeeee ! So I kinda LOVED writing this chapter because Ben is just so perfect...

I think I'm falling in love with my own character oops :O

Anyways constructive criticism would be great! Remember to vote and comment and DM me if you want to be friends with me! You can also ask me if you want to be dedicated to one of my chapters xx

Love you guys to the moon and back x

Gracie x