Chapter 14

Hey why are writers so cold?? Because they're always surrounded by drafts !! B)

"That's no way to treat a young lady, now is it?"

Your father fell backwards onto the ground with a thud, clutching his broken leg in pain. You looked up to see your savior, meeting his beautiful burgundy eyes that you loved so much. Without breaking eye contact, Kaname held his hand out to you and pulled you to your feet. While a broken leg would slow him down considerably, it wouldn't stop you father.

Kaname led you to the window and you both jumped out; the room you were previously in was only a story above ground level. You both darted to the other side of the school campus as quickly as you could. When you were finally there, you saw Aido and a sobbing Ruka clutching the hand of an injured Kain.

"W-What happened?!" you panicked. How could you have let anything happen to your friends?

Kain let out a weak chuckle and replied, "Your old man tried to take a swing at my girl Ruka here." He turned and winked at "his girl", making her turn her head to hide her blush. At this point you were almost relaxed, but your mind yanked you back into reality.

You turned and ran. You had to get as far from them as possible. It was your fault that you father was there, and you didn't want anyone else to get hurt. The edge of the campus came into your line of sight. Knowing that your friends would soon be safe filled you with determination (someone better get this reference or I'm going to jump off a mountain into a hole).

Just when you were almost there, a hand reached from behind you and grabbed the back of your uniform, pulling you back. You expected it to be your father and braced for the impact of the hard ground. Instead, you were met with the warm embrace of the man you loved. You both just looked at each other for a few seconds before he pulled you into a hug.

"What on earth were you thinking running off like that? He could have gotten you. I don't know what I would do if that were to happen..." Kaname whispered as he burrowed his head in the crook of your neck. You could hear a tone of worry in his voice despite him trying to remain calm. Your eyes started to fill with tears of guilt.

"K-Kaname, I-" he cut you off with a kiss, his hand making its way up to your cheek. You were surprised at first, and we're going to kiss back, but he pulled away before you could.

"I understand what you were trying to do, but as long as I am alive, I will never let anything or anyone hurt you or anyone you care about." he assured you as he wiped your tears away. You shook your head and replied,

"That's the problem! You can't protect me and everyone I care about, because you are all I care about! I don't want you to get hurt just for my sake!" You threw your arms around his neck and broke down crying into his shoulder as rubbed your back.

"You're too kind to me, (Y/N)..." he mumbled, a loving smile making its way onto his face. He was about to say something else, but someone interrupted him.

"I hate to kill the mood, Kuran, but it's time for you to die!"

~

Okay so I lied this isn't going to be the last chapter, but the next one is. I just didn't want to have every chapter in this book be 500-550 words, then this one have 1000+
So yeah
Btw if you guys ever get bored or lonely just hmu with a message or something and we can chat it up 👍🏻